Author Topic: Baha...should I contact House???????  (Read 4562 times)

Pembo

Baha...should I contact House???????
« on: March 14, 2005, 10:26:35 am »
I had my surgery here in Ohio. When the dr said he did 20 surgeries a year I thought that was alot. Fear and wanting to have this thing out kept me from researching thorougly.  After 9 months I am researching the Baha. My dr does do them but should I go to House???????
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Raydean

Re: Baha...should I contact House???????
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 03:32:47 pm »
You might want to contact the company   www.entific.com for a list of doctors in your area that is trained to do the surgery.  Since it is a smaller surgery (outpatient, in and out) in can probably be safely done in your area.  As I understand it, it's a 2 part process, placement/surgery for the plate and abutment followed by the hearing device a few months later. 

Good luck with this and I am excited for you.  Please let the list know how this works out for you.

Best to All
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

mlwitte

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:28:24 pm »
I had my surgery here in Ohio. When the dr said he did 20 surgeries a year I thought that was alot. Fear and wanting to have this thing out kept me from researching thorougly.  After 9 months I am researching the Baha. My dr does do them but should I go to House???????

Would you take your car to a shop that only repaired 20 cars a year? I just got diagnosed but one thing I know for sure - I want the best with someone working on my brain as a team. At least go see House. Or contact Stanford.

Marcus
Marcus  :-)
We all fall down. God helps us get back up.
Life is a process consider all your options and live each day.
Like Winston Churchill, "Never ever surrender"
AN 7mm disagnosed 3/16/05 left ear, Surgery - Stanford 7/13 - Dr Jackler and Dr Harsh - total hearing loss in left ear

marcy

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 04:20:26 pm »
Hi,
I am planning to go to the House for my AN surgery.  This is the first time I have heard about the BAHA.  Do you have any information on it?  I don't know if I would be a be able to have it implanted.  I already have lost most of my hearing before the surgery.

Marcy

rntiggergirl

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:03:14 pm »
go to the entific website at entific.com, they are the manufacturer and have alot of information on the website. I have had my Baha for almost a year and really like it, it has made a significant difference in my life, it gave me the ability to return to work as a nurse.

Cheryl

debo

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 01:03:39 pm »
go to the entific website at entific.com, they are the manufacturer and have alot of information on the website. I have had my Baha for almost a year and really like it, it has made a significant difference in my life, it gave me the ability to return to work as a nurse.

Cheryl

[Hi Cheryl
I am 1 year post op translab. I am still having trouble with tinnitus, dizzyness and adjusting to deafness. I am also a nurse and am considering the baha. Can you tell me how it has helped you with your work? Where did you get your baha done? I hear that it makes the scalp very sore while it is healing. Has it helped with trying to place where the sound is coming from?
Deb/quote]

MyrnaB

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 07:06:52 pm »
My doctor is going to have me go through a simulator which will help me know if a BAHA is even what I would want or if it feels right to me before going through anything else yet.  I imagine anyone who does this can tell you where to go through a simulator similiar.  He said this will give me the feeling of whether I am even interested in considering this procedure.  Myrna