Author Topic: Documentary  (Read 3362 times)

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
Documentary
« on: May 17, 2005, 09:25:53 am »
A friend of mine said that a few months ago he watched a Documentary on Discovery Health about Brain Surgery at USC (I think) Medical Center. He said it was extremely interesting, especially knowing someone (me) that had gone through it. Has anyone seen this or do you know where I can get a copy?

Thanks!
Scott

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: Documentary
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 12:56:17 pm »
You could probably go to the Discovery.com site and link to Discovery health and find a link, POC, or the webmaster to ask about getting a copy.
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Kate B

• AN World
Re: Documentary
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 06:44:57 am »
A friend of mine said that a few months ago he watched a Documentary on Discovery Health about Brain Surgery at USC (I think) Medical Center. He said it was extremely interesting, especially knowing someone (me) that had gone through it. Has anyone seen this or do you know where I can get a copy?

Thanks!
Scott

A couple of years back, Discovery Health Channel ran a story titled, Sherry's Story: Balance and
Hearing in Jeopardy,
as part of the Medical Diary Series.    It was a middle fossa operation performed by Dr. Day and Dr. Friedman on a fifty four year old woman. I believe Dr. Day has since left house. It is an excellent documentary. Unfortunately, it was not offered on video.

They do  rerun programs. To find out a re-air date, you might look for more information on schedules and programming on their website, www.discovery.com. They answer further inquiries or comments via e-mail or by calling them toll free at 1-888-404-5969, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM (EST). 

Kindest regards,
Kate
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:57:33 am by Kate Besserman »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/