Author Topic: I am officially a six month postie.  (Read 1543 times)

beachmommy

I am officially a six month postie.
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:14:18 am »
I have been waiting to pass this milestone for a while because my surgeon said that I would be back to my old self in six months. The good doctor was right.

I no longer have any of the tenderness or nerve sensitivity in my scalp. I still wake up in the morning expecting to have vertigo, but that doesn't happen.

I have driven highway, town, urban, day, night. I have kayked, done some moderately challenging hikes/climbs, ridden a horse and bicycled.

I have also handled escalators, elevators, tunnels, subways, docks, and floating docks ;)

I even helped my husband carry a 50 year old solid mahogany desk up a flight of stairs. I was going backwards.  I did fine though I don't recommend it for its therapeutic value, lol. :o

I take a pilates class twice a week with an RN who works with those who have assorted health conditions, so that no doubt helps some, so all is pretty wonderful. I wish I had known to have the surgery sooner.

Face muscles are just fine. Still have ringing and dry eye, but those are such very small considerations given everything.

This board made the decision to go ahead so much easier, and for that each and every one of you will always have my gratitude and best wishes.

Hope all here are improving, too.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: I am officially a six month postie.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:07:35 pm »
Beachmommy ~

Thanks so much for that fantastically positive six-month post-op update!  I'm delighted to learn that your recovery is complete and that you're back to normal.  This is not only great news but very encouraging and we appreciate you sharing your victory with those who can use the support.  Well done!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.