Author Topic: My 2-1/2 yr CK treatment results are in!  (Read 12641 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: My 2-1/2 yr CK treatment results are in!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 09:34:24 am »
WOW!  The moderator leer jet!  - so it's NOT just a figment of our imaginations! 

Thanks for "coming clean", Phyl  :D  ;)

Best of luck on Monday, I'll be crossing everything for you plus I'll say a prayer or two.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 09:39:07 am »
*runs to get ANA office phone number to confirm the leer jet availability*  :o

thanks Jan... appreciate all the wishes and prayers (from you all....)  Starting to get nervous.. and bloke gave me the blessing to indulge in chocolate......

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 04:29:57 pm »
Sounds like the bloke is a man after my own heart.  Anytime you want to share the chocolate, just let me know  ;D

I'm confident things will go well.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 02:36:42 pm »
*takes bite of British Cadbury*

Yep, its working.

Ok, starting to get nervous. Today has been total crap... I got ANOTHER diagnosis today (rare/incurable/benign situation...... again... more rare than my brain booger and other ailments combined  :'( ) that I have to learn to deal with, so Monday better be a darn good appt... that is all I have to say..... who's with me?  Yep, better be a good one.....

Phyl
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:48:55 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 03:52:14 pm »
*takes bite of British Cadbury*

Yep, its working.

Ok, starting to get nervous. Today has been total crap... I got ANOTHER diagnosis today (rare/incurable/benign situation...... again... more rare than my brain booger and other ailments combined  :'( ) that I have to learn to deal with, so Monday better be a darn good appt... that is all I have to say..... who's with me?  Yep, better be a good one...

Phyl

It wouldn't dare be otherwise.  ;)

Seriously Phyl, as a fellow with a wife who suffers from and deals with a host of non-life-threatening but frustrating medical issues that are permanent, I can understand your sense of aggravation.  I trust that your Monday appointment will certainly be a good one.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 04:07:45 pm »
I'm with you Phyl, but you have to tell us what you are dealing with.

Please try and have a good weekend....summer is coming to an end.
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sgerrard

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 07:11:12 pm »
You are just a rare bird, Phyl.  ::)

I have adjusted the dials and knobs for Monday's appointments, so now they should all go well.  ;)

Seriously, I hope for the best - on every front.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 10:13:46 pm »
Phyl -

sorry to hear about your other diagnosis  :(

You know we're all here for you.  Hang in there and keep the faith.

Since OMG hasn't been around lately, let me say it for her "Kisses to your forehead"   :-*

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 06:37:59 am »
thanks all for the forehead smoochies and the wellness wishes.... trying to muster back up my mental strength, yesterday was a difficult blow to it..... Jim, I know that lovely bride of your's and I have compared notes and I honestly don't know how you hang tough as well.... Bloke is hanging tough with me... I think our biggest fear has to be.... how not to overload our loved ones/spouses with the on-going issues... but, we also know true love is the key.  Trying to hang tough and just taking things day by day... all I can do.

But, for this Monday...... taking all the good vibes you all are sending and going to bring them with me.....

good vibes... good vibes... good vibes.... I need some great news for a change... good vibes... good vibes....

thank you all again! Truly!
Phyl

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 12:06:21 pm »
Monday's here and I hope these good vibes have found you well, and healthy. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 01:14:56 pm »
*tip-toes in..... looks around, sees microphone in center stage... signals to lighting director to dim the lights but to keep the spotlight on the mic..... walks slowly up to the mic and taps on it to test its sound...*

TAP, TAP, TAP

*takes a deep breath.... thinks about the past 2-1/2 yrs... and the realities of this journey, for the past, the present and for the future, whatever it may hold.... then, with tears rolling down the face that hits the floor and begins to flood the forums.... with one breath.... *

IT'S AS DEAD AS A DOORNAIL!
*grins from ear to ear, begins to do Rockettes-style high-kicks as works way to side exit of stage*

Thank you ALL SO very much for your love and support! Truly! I'll be seeing them this time next year... :)

xo
Phyl

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 01:21:36 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Awsome news Phyl! Jumping, leaping and cartwheeling with joy!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

lori67

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2008, 03:03:59 pm »
Phyl -

I can't believe it has taken me this long to chime in (and you notice, I haven't even attempted hijacking...yet).

I will just add my "WWWWOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" to the throngs of cheering fans!!!!!!!!

Lori - being well-behaved, as usual....(we need a little smiley with a halo..)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sgerrard

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 09:49:18 pm »
Yea, Phyl  ;D   

Outstanding news!!!

Jan - fighting Lori for the smiley with the halo  ;)