Author Topic: Back from Symposium  (Read 13292 times)

FlyersFan68

Re: Back from Symposium
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 02:11:30 pm »
Flyersfan,

No one would recognize my Jersey names anymore (Clarke, Parent, Dornhoefer, MacLeish) ;D. Of course, that was when they were winning Stanley cups and not finishing last in the league  :o. What's up with that

Mark

Last place wasn't fun but it was a transitional year. Hopefully we have the speed we need now! I miss those days of the Broad Street Bullies. Broad Street Was Crazy! Even when I go to the games today I still see guys sporting their Clarke, Barber and Parent jerseys.The original too not the fake throwbacks. I started watching hockey real young because my father would talk Canadian trying to make me laugh which always worked.
He didn't know  (Phillies Fan)!

FlyersFan68

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 02:36:57 pm »
Hi Michelle:  Do you recollect if they mentioned Vit. B6 in particular for nerve regeneration?  I heard that somewhere, but that you need to take another medication along with it (what I don't know) or the Vit. B6 can cause more harm than good.
Someone on the forum mentioned Vit. B12 dots which I AM taking, but am curious re: Vit. B6.    Thanks, Nancy

B VITAMINS..
Many of the B vitamins are essential for proper nervous system functioning. Addition of a basic B-complex vitamin to the daily routine may be a good idea during recovery. Some B's that may be particularly beneficial are:

B1 - enhances circulation (circulation is reduced in muscles that are not active) and may retard muscle atrophy.

B6 - assists in the creation of amino acids needed in the creation of new cells.

B12 - when taken as part of a "B-complex" vitamin, may help reduce inflammations and strengthen the immune system. Methylcobalamin is a form of B12 that is not a component of basic B-complex vitamins, and is important to nerve growth and maintenance.

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 03:36:52 pm »
I now have all my notes scanned and in a PDF file.  Can someone point me to a place where it can be uploaded and hosted??

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Mark

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 07:11:09 pm »
Ah, those were the days with the Broad Street Bullies  ;). I still remember sitting with my dad the day they beat Boston 1-0 for the Stanley Cup. I believe it was also that year of the next that they beat the USSR Army team and Van Impe decked Mihailov with a great check.

Apologies to everyone else as I know only Flyersfan can appreciate those moments, but I don't usually play in some of the other "chatty" posts, so I'll claim a "pass" here  ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled AN discussion

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Static

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:28 pm »
Steve, We could do a Philly brunch thing if you wanted to, but I think there might already be a Philadelphia area group that meets somewhere in Reading or something.  I was looking for you, but didn't see any orange and black and figured you just abandoned us and left me to represent the City on my own.  Now that everyone met me, I'm not sure they're going to want to come back! LOL  I also remember the days of the Broad Street Bullies.  I went to the Flyers parade the first year they won the Stanley cup and saw the streakers all over the place!  I can remember chanting. bernie, bernie, bernie, among other things!  Now that was a team Philadelphia could be proud of.  Getting back to the symposium, I really had a good time meeting people from the forum.  Omg, that translator, we were cracking up!  Even though I had a sinus infection and felt horrible, I had a great time.   Pictures?  Only use the one of me behind the palm tree  ;)
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 07:52:10 pm »
NancyAnn I was told Vitamin B complex.  Nothing specific just b vitamins.

Today I feel like i have a cow on my spinal cord I'm so tried of sitting in my chair trying to get my homework caught up from my grand weekend. Was definitely worth it!
I saw tigermaiden too!

I think in Chicago we need to represent and wear forum shirts so we can easily identify us in the crowd. Of course I did wear my pink pirate tshirt friday so you shouldn't have been able to miss me  LOL

NF-2er

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 08:32:35 pm »
Sorry...

I see my mistake, Mark. Take care.   NF-2er

Ah, those were the days with the Broad Street Bullies  ;). I still remember sitting with my dad the day they beat Boston 1-0 for the Stanley Cup. I believe it was also that year of the next that they beat the USSR Army team and Van Impe decked Mihailov with a great check.

Apologies to everyone else as I know only Flyersfan can appreciate those moments, but I don't usually play in some of the other "chatty" posts, so I'll claim a "pass" here  ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled AN discussion

Mark

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 06:08:04 am »
Thanks Michelle & FlyersFan - well, I'm on the B12, & saying my prayers....   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 08:09:33 am »
Interesting to see you back, Russ......
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Mark

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 10:22:45 am »
I didn't realize that was Russ reincarnated as NF-2R. Welcome Back to the board
November 2001

TaylorsMom

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 10:47:43 am »
Hi all,

It was wonderful to meet everyone.  You made us feel so welcome.  Many people came up to us with words of encouragement and advice.  I thank you.  It was well worth the cost.

I learned things I didn't know, especially from Jackie Diels, the facial therapist.  Hopefully, Taylor's muscle graft scheduled for November will take, and we'll plan a road trip to Wisconsin to see her next spring.

I was hoping more of the young ones would be there for Taylor to connect with in person, but the only one close in age we met was Supermaren.  I think she said she's 24. (Taylor is 19) She was very nice and seems to be doing well, despite the facial paralysis. She also had a cute boyfriend by her side who has stuck with her through it all.  He is special, Maren, and so are you.  Proof that having a positive attitude means a lot.  I hope you inspired Taylor to find that positive attitude.

Many thanks to the rest of the forum gang.  You are the best.  Hope to see you all in Chicago in '09.

Kathy

Ellenmn

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 11:12:23 am »
I see there is going to be a Symposium in Chicago. Are there exact dates set yet?

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 12:32:04 pm »
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mateys!!!!
Yes the Symposium was fantastic and it was so special to meet in person all the folks I've been sailing through life with for these many months. I even got to kiss my dear surgeon Dr Rick Friedman on the cheek with me bright red lipstick on.  He said the wife wasn't there so he wasn't going to wipe it off.

Even though I missed my two favorite workshops due to an all-night brainwreck, I for sure wasn't going to miss the grub on Sunday.  I really can't comlain at all about the way they fed us--it was all delicious.

Seems our "little pirate club" is going stronger than ever--I passed out 30 uniforms during the weekend--"pirates lose body parts all the time and just sail right on."  Everyone got a real kick out of that.  We need to come up with a forum flag that can sit right on the table--definitely T-shirts as well.  I missed seeing flyersfan and tigermaiden.

To everyone I met--posters, non-posters,  and lurkers alike--I felt like I was at a family reunion--the love , compassion and companionship bonds there were unbelievably strong.

I see the Headache Wizard on Tuesday and will try to transmit what I learned at the headache workshop (I missed the second one) and get him to try me on Topamax, which Dr Silberstein said he had the best success rate with. Will probably cost an arm and a leg since I lost my prescription drug coverage for the year, but maybe it will allow me to put in a few more hours in my studio.

Big hug and kisses to all of you and remember to watch out for Sea Monsters!

Capt Db 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 07:02:56 pm »
I've got the pdf of my Symposium notes uploaded.  It's a large file, so be patient for the download.

http://home.comcast.net/~krbonner/AN_Symposium_Notes_krbonner.pdf

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Mark

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 08:31:10 pm »
Wonderful information katie, thank you for posting it

Mark
November 2001