Author Topic: Special Request A call for prayer for a new member -Prayer Warriors activate!  (Read 12651 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Dear ANA Prayer Warriors,

It has indeed been a long time between messages from Erlina hasn't it? Today dear Warriors, she sent me some news on Kristine's results from her new MRI! Erlina reports to me that there has been no new growth and the 2 tumors she has 1 in her thoracic and 1 in the lumbar are the same size.

However, the tumor in her ear grew it is now 3 x 2.2 x 2.7cm and pretty large. Erlina thinks she might need another surgery. Erlina is Fed-Exing a copy to Dr. Slattery and she is setting up a phone conference. Erlina is praying that there will be other options than surgery. After the 2 surgeries Erlina says that Kristine is now very scared. She is still recovering from her surgeries. But with our steady help through our prayers Erlina feels that Kristine is getting stronger!

The neurologist in San Diego says that the tumor in her left side is now compressing on her facial nerve and eyes and that she now has double vision.

Please join me in continuing to offer up prayers for Erlina and her daughter Kristine that she continues to make the right choices in her medical care , that she experiences relief from the pain and that she feels stronger and stronger.

Thank you all!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Mike ~

Thanks for the relatively encouraging update.  I'll be sure to include Kristine and Erlina in my prayers.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

thisisajourney

I ll pray for them too.I pray Gods hand over them.:-)

millie

Praying with you.

MDemisay

Dear Prayer Warriors,

Thank you one and all!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

MDemisay

Dear Prayer Warriors,

Erlina has contacted me again (yesterday) and she reports to me that Dr. Slattery has informed Erlina and her daughter Kristine that she ( Kristine) unfortunately will have to have surgery there is no other option at this point (in his opinion). The sad thing he told them is that she will lose hearing in her AN affected ear.

Erlina and Kristine are understandibly frightened this will be her third surgery. It has been scheduled for November 29th. They have been told that the recovery period is 1 to 2 months and that the surgery will last for 5 to 6 hours.

They don't know what to expect, and not being one afflicted with NF2, I don't know what to tell them to expect either! The thing of it is Erlina has visited and seen the NF2 website and has been frightened because of all the information.

Please continue to pray Prayer Warriors and I will continue to contact by PM members who I think can be more helpful.

Mike

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Praying for them.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
My prayers are added as well.
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

LizAN

It has been scheduled for November 29th. They have been told that the recovery period is 1 to 2 months and that the surgery will last for 5 to 6 hours.

Any news on how the surgery went/is going?  I had Dr. Slattery.  My experience was just as he described.  My surgery was 5 or 6 hours and I was back at work in two months.

Prayers going up...

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

It is what it is

EXXtra prayers on this day of surgery. 

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

MDemisay

To everyone,

Thank you for all of your prayers of support, I do not know the outcome but I suppose I will find out soon!  Prayer is powerful! I know we the Prayer Warriors, are doing good for them. Bless you!

Mike

kerijacobs

Thank you, Mike, for caring so much for your friend and for sharing. I hope all went well. I haven't bee on here in a while and am reading some of the updates.

I will be praying here in Maryland!

Keri