Author Topic: Prayers For Dad  (Read 13745 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Prayers For Dad
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »
Been a long day. My dad had surgery this morning to remove a single large tumor from where his small intestines join his large intestines. They opened him up looked and just closed. He has so
many tumors from bb sized to golf ball sized they he wouldn't survive  the removal of them all and they didn't have enough healthy  intestine to resection it to get his bm's moving smoothly. So they are keeping him comfortable as best as they can and waiting. He asked for my mom . They have been divorced for 32 years. He has apologized for being an a**. His words not mine. Sad he was sorry he had not been a good father or husband. He is ready. Hope things go quickly . They say a couple weeks at most.
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Prayers For Dad
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:45:46 am »
Soundy
Very sorry to hear the horrible news. I pray for you and your family. We are all here for you if you need to talk.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:04:25 am »
Soundy, my prayers are with all of you.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

deheisel11

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:31:17 am »
Soundy,
My prayers for you, your dad, and your family have been sent.  Best wishes for the tough road ahead.
translab surgery of 2.6cm neuroma, right side, by Dr. Welling at Ohio State, 6-18-10.  BAHA base placed on same day.  Facial paralysis. Gold weight 7-14-10.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:57:25 am »
Soundy~

Prayers for you all during this time...so glad you were able to have that time where he told you some things that might make his passing easier for you.

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 04:40:04 pm »
Soundy ~

I'm so sorry to learn of your dad's health situation and will keep both of you in my prayers. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

waypoint

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 06:05:08 pm »
Last night when I was praying, your father and you were in my prayers.
2.4cm AN removed, Retrosigmoid, 10/1/07
Memorial Hermann, Dr. Chang & Dr. Alp
lost hearing Lt side, paralysis Lt side hopefully temporary
recovered from the balance issues at about 4-6months

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »
Soundy .....

So sorry to hear this.  It is never easy, but glad you had this special time together to say and hear some long overdue things.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 08:18:21 pm »
Soundy, just went through this with my brother, it is a very sad and hard thing to do.  My advice, let him talk, let him make the simpliest of decisions, don't be afraid to hold him (touch is so important).  I would rub my brothers feet every night and he would get so relaxed, it was our ritual.  Treasure the moments.  So sorry you are taking this journey.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Brewers7

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 02:03:31 pm »
prayed today
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

ombrerose4

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:40:18 pm »
I lost my brother almost one year ago. Although we had many differences of opinions, we made peace in the end. It was me who he wanted as his health care proxy and me who rubbed his legs and his neck. This is never easy, but know that my thoughts are with you.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 07:24:02 pm »
Oh, Soundy...I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are for a peaceful release for him, and strength for you and your family as you wait, watch, and care for him.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

opp2

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 02:33:44 am »
Soundy, you've been through so much these past couple of years, a break would be nice. Whatever god you pray to will grant you strength to see you through this time, as he has in the past.

Cyber strength to you.

Nikki
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:29 am »
Soundy

Hugglez... many many hugglez!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 06:36:52 am »
Daddy was moved to nursing home that is attached to the assisted living home he had been living at... sometimes we are who we are sometimes we are someone else... Tuesday I was unpacking his footlocker at the hospital because he had just came back from Korea... he made me give away Raman noodles he had brought back ...this did happen but back in 1972...but he was not happy til I went through motions of giving the noodles away ...he brought back packs of raman noodles before they were readily available in the US... I had to write out cooking instructions for people since the packs were labeled in Korean... I really just doodles on napkins and then took them out in hall , satayed there a few minutes then came back in room and he was satisfied

me and my SIL fought and wrestled him all night Tuesday night to keep him in bed and from hurting himself because he was trying to get back to the assisted living ...he was alot better yesterday because friends he had made in assisted living and nursing home have came by ... he did pull out the central line into his chest and they decided not to put it back in and are just giving him shots as needed... he had tried more times than I can count to pull it out while in hospital and at one point I was on the bed with him holding his arm to keep him from ripping it out and he had his other hand around me wrist trying to pull it still ... he is strong and I have his hand print around my wrist in bruises... 10 minutes later he was in right mind and needed to get on potty chair and was worried about knocking me off balance and us both ending up in the floor

this will sound odd but the Alzheimer’s  has made things easier... you just have to go where he is at the moment and go along with what he is saying and he does OK...

I have lost track of time and am tired to the point I am not sure what day it is half the time ... when I drove Monday night I had driven about 40 miles and remember turning off 64 onto hwy state highway that leads home ... I drove from there to about 8 miles down the road with no memory ..kinda came around trying to figure why I was driving up this hill ... then about a mile later came to the turn off that leads to house ...kinda scary since the state hwy is anything but straight... I didn't feel sleepy but not sure how I got from turn off to where I did and live to tell about it ...now I have a blanket and pillow in the truck and if I have been up too long I take a nap before heading home when I do come home ...

to keep him in bed he has to have someone with him 24/7 so we have been taking turns... and on bad nights two of us stay with him ...days aren't as bad because there are more nurses and techs on duty ...

he is tired and ready to go but his body won't stop... he was talking to my grandparents Tuesday ( long gone ) and then  told me he saw Jesus and told me to sing Amazing Grace ... while we were singing  my sister and SIL walked in from going out to smoke and he said Hi Y'all and started singing You can't roller skate  in a Buffalo Herd ...

I am glad he is pain free and that this past week has not been all sad and boo hooing , but I feel like I am on a manic depressive roller coaster ride ... gonna need Prozac before it is all over

thanks for thoughts and prayers ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery