Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  (Read 13766 times)

tenai98

Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 06:58:36 am »
Happy thanksgiving to all of my neighbors in the US. Hope its a great one!!
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 07:15:45 am »
3 pm - which time zone?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 09:42:23 am »
3 pm - which time zone?

Sara

Eastern.   

Cheers Everyone!

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

Raven

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 10:46:26 am »
What time does football start.............Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, watch football, wait to be called to the table to eat, watch more football, doze off in the lazy boy.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

John
7/10/07 hearing gone in left ear overnight
7/25/07 diagnosed with bilateral acoustic neuromas - aka NF2
11/7/07 left side tumor removal via middle fossa - 12 hrs.
11/15/07 right side decompression via middle fossa - 8 hrs.
Dr. Eisenman - University of Maryland Medical Center

Tamster

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 10:53:16 am »
    Today I reflect on all I am thankful for:
      For some uncanny reason, this year neurosurgeons are near the top of my list. How grateful I am that a few talented people have the skills, knowledge and experience to help those of us who, for some reason we yet understand, get these acoustic neuromas.
      • The ENT doctor who knew what I had before sending me off for my MRI, who didn't give me all the scary details, but held my hand for a few moments in such a way that told me I was in for a ride.  
      The same ENT doc who the day after the MRI  did tell me straight out over the phone that I have an acoustic neuroma and that I should get on the Internet and begin researching my options. Fortunately, that led to
      • my finding this forum. How could I have possibly made the choice of surgeons and place of treatment if not for all of you and this forum?  As difficult as it has been, I just feel so fortunate to have this discussion forum for information, support, and comfort. Many times I have told others what a godsend it has been. You, the people who take the time to share your experiences and offer advice and solace to others going through this incredibly difficult challenge--- you are a godsend!
        • Those of you who have written me PMs and have answered my questions in great detail; Patti who was kind enough to let me phone her and talked to me for nearly two hours about her experiences; those of you who have recently gone through this surgery and have been so thoughtful to write and reassure me that I, too, will get through it; those who have given me phone numbers and said, "Call anytime."  
          • That I have less than two more weeks of the dreaded waiting
          That I still have almost two more weeks of at least some hearing in my left ear.
          • For my daughter who brought tears to my eyes when she told me she wanted to come to Los Angeles to share my burden
          For my husband who has done two weeks worth of work ahead of time so he can leave his job behind and give his full attention to me and helping me get through this.
          • For my dear friend Phyllis who understood how important it is for me to "have my people with me" and is dropping everything to be there for me.
            • For a new little grandson born just three weeks before my diagnosis who is a miracle of modern medicine. When I hold him I feel only peace and I can forget about anything and everything else.
              • For knowing that if it all doesn't go exactly as I hope it will, all of you will be here to help me get through it.
                • For knowing that if all goes exactly as I hope it will, all of you will be here to help me get through it. :-)
                  • Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:20:53 am by Tamster »
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst

ginger21

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 01:06:48 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!! Will be praying for a headache free day for you. Enjoy your day.

Ginger
W & W as of 01/27/2010 keeping my fingers crossed for the next 6 months
4mm AN-right side
www.facebook.com/gingerleigh72

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 02:28:36 pm »
Just finished carving the Turkey, the table is set and my boys are rounding up their respective girlfriends to join us at the dinner table which by the way is nicely appointed.  I'm hungry....let's eat!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Goldie

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 07:28:54 pm »
Thanksgiving blessings to my fellow AN'ers!  I too thank you for your support and wisdom, even when it's not intended for me!  I have learned a lot just browsing through the messages and know I can come here anytime if I'm in need.  I have much to be thankful for, especially these past two months since surgery.  Having family over for Thanksgiving dinner was icing on the cake (or should that be whipped cream on the pumpkin pie!).

Denise
GK 5/06 at Mayo for small AN after balance and slight hearing issues.  Progressive hearing loss following GK.
3/09 - facial spasms began.  MRI shows tumor growth.
9/09 - MRI shows further growth.  "GK failure."  Translab 10/1/09 success!  BAHA 10/8/10.

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 10:43:04 pm »
I was a little late in my toast, but I did raise a nice glass of local Norton this evening in honor of the forum.

Lunch was great, the turkey breast turned out fabulous. I have a new favorite way of fixing turkey. So easy - I coated the surface of the turkey breast with olive oil, then added some steak rub I found in the spice cabinet, popped it in a roasting bag and put in a roaster (325 degrees F) for 3.5 hours. I also put an onion in the cavity as it roasted. It was moist and very tasty, easy to slice and serve and not much mess or waste.

We also had spiral cut ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, cream corn, lettuce salad, sweet potatoes, pickled beets, cranberry sauce and dinner rolls with my husband's apple butter. I made apple and pumpkin pies and my MIL brought a gooseberry pie. The only mishap was forgetting to put the fruit salad on the table.

Most importantly, we had some wonderful family time with no meltdowns over the losses of the past year.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving as much as I did. Now I'm looking forward to Christmas - I'm almost done with knitting hats for all my nieces and nephews!

Sara
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:43 pm »
I raised a glass of sparkling grape juice.  Hope that counts  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 11:09:24 pm »
Jan, I think this is one of those situations in which one can safely say "It's the thought that counts."

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

Sara
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:11:02 pm by saralynn143 »
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 01:07:47 am »
Sara and Jan, we had Coke and Gingerale.  A toast is a toast ;)

You all mean so much to us, what can we say, "life is good" :)

Rich & Scarlett
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:55:17 am by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 10:25:33 am »
How cool this thread has become!!  Thanks to all of you who chimed in--BTW--I love Alice's Restaurant and the movie, too!! Thanks for the pics, Rich and Scarlett.

I am avoiding Black Friday.  Having a relaxing day at home and expecting the grandscallywags in the afternoon.  Got through cooking dinner all by myself--hubby's back went out and brother has shingles.  Did all the clean up, too.  Had to drug myself a little, but I'm pretty used to that.  My meal was awesome--thanks to it not being cold enough to kill all the rosemary, sage, thyme and chives in my herb garden.  Just reminding everyone with headaches and/or wonkynoggin (new word) to make it easy on yourself.  This whole holiday season stresses us out a lot and can be overwhelming. 

Peace and Blessings to you all!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

wendysig

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 10:28:49 am »
Greetings to all,

Sorry I am so very late in coming to this thread.  I hope all of  you had a wonderful Thanksgiving  -- you were all in my thoughts yesterday and I just wanted to say how very thankful I am to have all of you in my life.  You are all very dear to me in a very unique way.

Tam -- Your message in particular touched me.  You are a very brave and strong  lady and I'm sure you will come through your surgery with flying colors even if, as you say, everything doesn't go quite as you hope. We,of course,  will all pray that it does go off exactly as you hope it will.    It sounds like you have truly caring wonderful docs and an amazing backup team.  The day or your surgery will be here before you know it and with their support, you will get through whatever challenges arise.  We will be here too, to support you however we can.

Rich and Scarlett -- Great pics!

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2009, 07:50:30 pm »
Rich & Scarlett, great pictures!   ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways