Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  (Read 13768 times)

Vivian B.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:45 am »
Hi Everybody,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families. Enjoy the day.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Mickey

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 12:44:55 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to all! God Bless. Mickey

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 12:53:12 pm »
Oh Scarlett, almond puff pastry?  YUM YUM!  Once when I was a kid I went on a long driving vacation with some friends and the only cassette tape we had was Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger.  I'll never forget the words to The Garden Song.  "Inch by Inch, Row by Row"...  Feels like my life most days.  :)

Forgot to add earlier, my mom is making Thanksgiving and I'm taking artisan bread and Molasses Crinkles.   ;D
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 03:00:12 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to all!  I will be cooking for around fifteen...not much over the normal Sunday dinners at my house.  We all have so much to be thankful for and a big one for me is having all of you in my life.  We will all be also celebrating the engagement of my youngest daughter.  Her intended intends to pop the question during our dinner and put the ring in her favorite dessert!  We are welcoming this wonderful young man with very open arms and much love.  He is an awesome addition to our family and he asked David and my permission to ask Michelle to marry him.  It doesn't get much better than this.  Enjoy your day, eat too much and be thankful for each other.
Hugs to all,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 11:04:44 pm »
Wishing my American AN family a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Hope all of the turkeys are nice and juicy. 

Enjoy your families,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 07:35:21 am »
Oh Brenda .....

You needed something uplifting and fun in your life right now ..... what an exciting time for an engagement!

Have a wonderful day!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

another NY postie

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 08:23:23 am »
I, too, want to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving!  ANs really teach you how to put things in perspective fast and I am grateful for this as well as for all the blessings this AN has brought into my life.  While I would not wish this ardurous journey on anyone, it has taught me more about myself and the people surrounding me that I ever could have imagined.  Sort of like the blindfold is off!  

We are expecting 30 people for Thanksgiving dinner which, I know, is crazy for someone who is only 9 weeks post op, but I am GRATEFUL for a husband who cooks, cooks well, and cooks for large crowds as he is a firefighter.  It is his side of the family and it is a reunion that was planned before my diagnosis.  It was for his mother's 90th bday but she passed away in August, so now they will bury her ashes on Friday as a memorial.  I am anxious about the crowd but know that I am just a walk away from peace and quiet when I need it.

I want to also reiterate what everyone has said about this forum.  It has been a godsend to me, providing me with information, support and a place to vent when needed.  Only here do I feel like people truly understand what I am experiencing and I am forever grateful for everyone who has helped and continues to help me on this AN journey.

So Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to all and don't eat toooooo much!  I, too, will raise a glass at 3 pm to toast all of you!

Cheryl
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:26:06 am by another NY postie »
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32:34 am »
Interesting Cheryl, noticed you were on same one I'm gonna comment on to  ;D

I also want to tell everyone Happy Thanksgiving and I too am very Thankful for this site and those who have read and understand my blog.   I think I'd be emotionally off more if it weren't for a lot of you people who totally understand!!

I actually am going to spend my day home alone in piece, which is the best thing.   With being only 2 weeks post op and the delayed swelling issue (or whatever it's called again), I'm having issues with noises too.   So, being at our family crowd of 40 people....NO WAY.      I had my hearing right after the surgery and no facial issues, but the I got the delayed reaction too.      I also noted just now for those of you who also followed Mike (Loose Screws) blog, he now has another posting and he too is having that issue.      I have some other issues thanks to my odd acting body.    But and am Thankful for God in my life, my wonderful husband, boys, family, friends, people on here I don't even know AND even my doctors.   My MEI dr. has been awesome and are working with doctors here to try to figure out other issues.

SO, now I'm going to post a couple more info. questions in other areas.

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!  and God Bless us all!
Denise Sanford
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 01:25:56 pm »
I am taking a break from baking apple pies for tomorrow. My husband bought SEVEN BUSHELS of apples at a fundraiser. I don't know what he was thinking. He has been making apple butter several times a week and this is the second time I've made pies. The pies are very pretty - I am cutting autumn leaf shapes with cookie cutters and overlapping them instead of using a plain top crust. And, I am thankful to say, we are down to just one more bushel.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year. It is the first Thanksgiving since my husband's brother and my father passed away, and the second since my husband's father, so we will have three recent widows among our guests. Hopefully we will dwell on what we are thankful for and it will not be melancholy.

We are having ham and turkey breast (I think that will be easier than roasting an entire bird), mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cream corn, green bean casserole, salad, fruit salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, and pie. My guests are bringing many of the side dishes, so it's not as hard as it looks.

If I had thought about it in time I would have put potato peel pie on the menu.

Have a great day, everyone.
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

cin605

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 03:07:49 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving All!Big thanks to everyone one for making this site the best!Thanks for all the words of wisdom.I would not have made the last 17 months w/o it!
 ;D cin605(cindy)
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 06:10:26 pm »
I am taking a break from baking apple pies for tomorrow. My husband bought SEVEN BUSHELS of apples at a fundraiser. I don't know what he was thinking. He has been making apple butter several times a week and this is the second time I've made pies. The pies are very pretty - I am cutting autumn leaf shapes with cookie cutters and overlapping them instead of using a plain top crust. And, I am thankful to say, we are down to just one more bushel.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year. It is the first Thanksgiving since my husband's brother and my father passed away, and the second since my husband's father, so we will have three recent widows among our guests. Hopefully we will dwell on what we are thankful for and it will not be melancholy.

We are having ham and turkey breast (I think that will be easier than roasting an entire bird), mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cream corn, green bean casserole, salad, fruit salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, and pie. My guests are bringing many of the side dishes, so it's not as hard as it looks.

If I had thought about it in time I would have put potato peel pie on the menu.

Have a great day, everyone.
Sara

I love Apple Butter...used to buy big jars of it at a road side farm stand coming out of the hills of western North Carolina back into northeast Georgia...it's so good!
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

epc1970

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 06:26:48 pm »
I'll be joining in at 3pm with a Thanksgiving toast to everyone in this wonderful forum! Happy Thanksgiving to all-we all have so much to be thankful for especially the support found here!
Erin

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 08:34:51 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I am thankful for many things this year--including my son's successful surgery.

I am thankful for a brother who is hosting Thanksgiving.  My assignment is to make the turkey
stuffing:-)

I am thankful to be in the company of all on this forum.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Lilan

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 09:30:00 pm »
I will absolutely be raising a toast to the forum tomorrow. So many people reached out to me or answered my questions on threads, through private messages and phone calls -- with special honors to LA Nancy, who gave me tours, brought groceries to Seton Hall and was on my speed-dial when I needed encouragement. This is an extreme situation that deserves an extreme support group, and this is it!

Included in my toast will be the House Clinic and the wonderful nurses at St. Vincent's, as well as the friends, family, co-workers and neighbors who helped me through a trying year!

A wonderful and blessed day to everyone!

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 02:44:15 am »
I am thankful for many things this year--including my son's successful surgery.

Kate - 

so good to hear from you!  Wonderful news about your son's surgery  ;D

Have a great holiday.

Jan (toasting @ 3 pm also - fantastic idea, Scarlett)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways