Author Topic: OUTTA THERE!!!  (Read 3714 times)

Kaybo

OUTTA THERE!!!
« on: September 16, 2008, 08:12:58 am »
Hi All~
Just a little update...I went to the Oculofacial doctor yesterday to check about my eye weight that was put in on March 28th when I had my T3 surgery.  This guy (who I found out I went to high school with!) wants to REMOVE the weight and let it heal completely before we put another weight in.  He says that if we put another in, it will probably just slip back in that "pocket" that is there now.  That makes total sense to me so I will be having the little surgery Tues (23rd) to have it removed.  He said they will leave it out 2-3 months & there should be no problem with it healing completely.  We'll just see how it heals, but judging by my face & the problems I had with it - it healed MUCH faster than they anticipated.  He asked me if I could use a temporary weight for that time, which I said I'm sure I could...then I remembered that I went for 7 YEARS without anything so I am really not concerned about caring for it w/out the weight.  I say that now...who knows how much I've become accustomed to it!!  LOL!!  I have that big Hoedown on Friday (I'm in charge of the food for 600) so I will be flashing a big black eye to the whole school and their parents!!  ;)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

calimama

Re: OUTTA THERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:46:26 am »
Kaybo,

Hope this goes well for you and those few months of healing (before getting another weight) fly by fast and without incident. You are a great source of information and inspiration for so many here. You're just amazing!

all good things to you and your curly girls.
Trish

Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

Tamara

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:38:56 am »
Kaybo,
  I'd be happy to send you the Blinkeze that I am no longer using.  PM me if you'd like it.  I've got a few of the adhesive strips left, but if you wore it a lot you'd probably need more.

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

lori67

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:45:07 am »
Kay -

That black eye should earn you some sympathy from the other parents who didn't feel the need to help you out!!  Maybe you can put a big bandage on your head, show up on crutches and say "ow" a lot - just to add to the overall effect!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:47:17 am »
Tamara~ 
How heavy is yours?  I think the Dr.'s office is going to see if the insurance will cover one but if not I will keep that in mind!  Thanks!

Lori~
That sounds like a good idea, but I was hoping you would come up with a money making scheme - especially since Dave works (hopefully not workED) for AIG!  Say a little prayer!

K   ;)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:24:37 am »
A money making scheme, huh?  Well, you could change the hoedown to a BYOB (Bring your own BBQ) party and keep the donated food to stock your freezer?

Fingers crossed for Dave.  At least you don't live in Nashville - looks like AIG will not be here for much longer....but you could always write country songs and make a living that way.   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:55:12 am »
Hi K,
You amaze me. Heal quick and if using the external weight order extra strips. I could blow through 4 or 5 just trying to get it right. I think they are $15 for 100 strips. I have all the numbers if you need them (so does Sara). Take care.

I don't like my eye guy my neurosurgeon said I should talk to my ENT about an internal eyelid weight. I know what your thinking strange for an ENT but she is so intelligent and has done it for some of his patients - should I go for it with her or the opthomolgist I don't like?

I wish you were at my school K we could be twins serving food. Are you getting movement from your T3 surgery? I went on your blog and it looked like you were pretty beat up right after your T3 surgery and looked like you were healing quite well.  :D ;D 8)
Michelle ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:43:33 pm »
K -

good luck with the surgery  ;D

I like Lori's idea of the BBQ party.  If you get leftovers, can you ship them to me?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 02:13:35 am »
hi how do you get on kays blog?
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Kaybo

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 06:06:57 am »
JFA~
The address is on the signature line of each of my posts - just type that in!!
Happy Reading!!

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!