Author Topic: Pregnant....with an AN :(  (Read 8534 times)

Wik1350

• How cute is he?
Re: Pregnant....with an AN :(
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 09:50:37 am »
Well we decided to go to Dr. Friedman at House, and it is such a relief to have that load off.  Kris is in a much better place mentally now, which I am so happy about. Friedman has been absolutely great so far, even though he's many many miles away. He has communicated with her perinatologist and they have mapped out a plan for the pregnancy and the surgery. He wants to talk to Kris on a weekly basis to stay in touch, which is a big thing in keeping her sane for these next few months! It's so nice to be at a point where we can trust the docs to get things done for us and take some of the worry away. Thanks all for the info helping us make this difficult decision, although when all the facts were gathered it didn't seem so difficult after all.  We'll keep everyone posted on the baby progress first, then the surgery.

Mike
Wife (ksiwek) - 3.5cm left side AN

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 10:20:20 am »
Glad you got everything figured out - having a PLAN always makes me feel better!!  I know you will be in good hands.  Enjoy the next couple of months!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 08:32:43 pm »
Making the decision about treatment (or waiting for treatment) was the hardest part for me.  Once I made the decision, everything else got better.  You're in good hands (all three of you!).  Keep asking questions as they come up, and we'll be thinking of you!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

MamaGina

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 05:19:43 pm »
Kris, sorry i messed up my last msg...i'm writing on my phone.  Your situation sounds like mine somewhat. I, too, was diagnosed during a pregnancy and needed surgery quickly due to brainstem compression. I was 27, having my third baby. It was so very scary and depressing for me, too. I had a healthy delivery (my easiest of 5; 2 of my babies were post-AN). It is so great that you have support; you will appreciate it. True, I cannot be the same mom I was pre-AN, but in many ways I am bettter. I have had to slow down, and I can put loving my children before keeping a perfectly clean house. I read to them even though dishes need to be done and laundry needs to be folded~things cranial nerve damage from brain surgeries have made difficult. These disabilities have forced me to put people before things. I was a type A personality who probably would have valued doing chores over spending time with my family.  Soooo, just take one day at a time, do your reaearch, plan for lots of help! best of luck:)
L 3.0 cm AN resection via retrosigmoid approach 10/2000;
CSF leak repair w/mastoidectomy one week later. 
chronic headaches, vertigo, fatigue, facial paralysis, SSD, and more!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 07:11:26 am »
Watching for an update?
Michelle  :)
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.