Author Topic: Hereditary?  (Read 10499 times)

Martin Rigby

Re: Hereditary?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 09:14:34 pm »
Hi Derek

Are you the only person in your extended family with deafness?

Also curious what you attribute the shrinkage of your AN too, have you change your lifestyle in some way recently? I am believe that diet and carb intake may have some bearing on growth rates, I have recently dropped all processed food and suger?

Regards
Martin

Derek

Re: Hereditary?
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 04:50:09 am »
Hi Martin..

There is no history of any hearing related problems within my immediate or extended family.

The 'sticky' thread 'Top Tips For The 'Watch and Wait' Brigade!' which I commenced in 2007 contains a comprehensive account of the healthy diet and exercise regime that I adopted shortly after diagnosis almost 10years ago. I firmly believe that this, together with an ultra positive attitude that I was determined to be in control of the AN and not the other way around, has been instrumental for the reduction in size and present stability....and of course an element of good luck!

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.