Author Topic: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray  (Read 75304 times)

elliemae

Re: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2010, 08:26:50 am »
Hi, Donnalynn
I am verry behind in reading the forum, and just yesterday started reading about your husband's ordeal!! 
You have a great heart looking out for him, and so much support here!  I wish Jim and your family the best as you work thru this.

Elaine

moe

« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2010, 01:56:13 pm »
Hi Donnalynn,
Probably the answer is no to this question, but wouldn't it be great if they could give you one of those INR machines, where you just poke his finger like for a blood sugar monitor? It gives an instant INR reading. We use them in home care.
It's called an INRation Machine. Then you wouldn't have to run to the doctor twice weekly and could even check it more frequently if need be.
They are pretty accurate. One of my patient's INR was 6.1 so I had to draw blood  and submit, since it was over 4. The lab test came back 6.4, so that was pretty accurate.
Just a thought,
Hang in there you two, and I'm SO glad you were able to NOT cook up a storm for Thanksgiving!
Happy ( belated)  Canadian Thanksgiving to you Canadians!
I too hope that a better drug comes around than coumadin. It is indeed a very dangerous drug. Hopefully we still get to check INR's though, because that is an easy home visit for me for the homebound! easy $$$$
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »

This weekend is Our Canadian Thanks-giving, and I will be thanking the good L-rd for you all, who have kept me sane these past weeks, and have held us all up in your prayer, your good wishes and your friendships.

DonnaLynn, Jim and Vinessa,

I had 16 people over for dinner here in my Oregon farmhouse, for their very first Canadian Thankgiving dinner... MANY blessings to count... and be VERY thankful for.

;D My first is that I got my annual MRI and the remnant tumor was NO where to be seen.   :o Gone- zip- disappeared completely off the radar.   8)  I do not have to go back for another MRI for 2 years. :)

:) My second that we are now see some progress in health in Jim  8) and that your family's prayers are being answered. This is good news. BIG hugs.

Yup lots to be thankful for. :)

SO my Canadian sisters up there in Northland- Anne Marie and Donnalyn (who else on this thread is Canadian:)... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2010, 11:48:00 am »
Had an amazing Thanksgiving.  My eldest cousin who is a spitting image of my father came up from Michigan with his beautiful wife.  Yes I cooked up a storm.  Once I got to bed I slept like a baby, but today my body is so sore, but every ache is so worth it.

Donnalynn I  thought of you when I served the cabbage rolls  ;)  I also prayed for Jim in my grace and I toasted to my AN family.  Thanksgiving is truly one of the best holidays.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2010, 07:02:04 pm »
Donnalynn, I am so happy that your Jim is getting better....What perfect timing for Thanksgiving!  I am not on the site nearly often enough but always check in to see how things are going for you and your family.  You made my night!!!

Love to you all,

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

another NY postie

« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2010, 05:43:21 pm »
Donnalynn, I have been thinking of you and Jim all day...I am not going to call you until tomorrow but if you go on this tonight...I have been praying all day that it went well...I am guessing you won't know the results right away but at least Jim finally got one.  Here's to progress and good news for him!
xxooo
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

free2be

« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2010, 08:23:27 pm »
Donnalynn,

Sounds like you got out and had a bit of fun. That's great. I'm so glad Jim is able to do that; he must be doing better, but know that's only part of the big picture. It's great that you have the support of the Fire Dept. family. I'm glad you're getting a nap or three in; I'm sure you need it and then some. Been thinking of you and praying for Jim. Will continue to do so, of course. Let us know as soon as you can what the scan shows (or doesn't).

Take care my friend,
Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2010, 05:50:32 am »
glad that Jim has had improvement and that you all had a great night out ...

keeping Jim and your family on my "rock list"
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2010, 01:03:10 pm »
Hi, just checking to see how your husband is doing and the rest of the family which it takes a toll on everyone..Glad to read he had his test hoping and praying that all will be fine. I was also happy to see a message that Kathy had sent you she is always on my mine as well.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2010, 08:48:45 pm »
Hi Donnalynn!!  Just reading up on you and Jim - I'm sorry for the latest journey you two have been on.  I have thought of you often and your sweet words still swirl in my head! Take care darlin! A
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm

ombrerose4

« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2010, 07:12:24 am »
Hi Donnalynn,

I am happy to hear that Jim is beginning to feel stronger and that you are having some easier days. We are all hoping for good news on Jim's test.
Always thinking of you guys :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2010, 10:25:41 am »
Thinking of you and your family and praying for good news! So glad you are all doing well :).

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

ombrerose4

« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2010, 06:44:57 am »
Donnalynn,

Glad to hear the news about the petscan. It's also great that Jim's pancreas and his blood tests are normal. What is it about the liver that they are questioning- did they do any separate liver scans? The good fact with the liver is that liver cells regenerate with rest and good nutrition, so I am thinking all good thoughts right now for all of you. I do agree that you should do some research on your own, plus I am sure there are doctors in the US who would look at his tests and advise you. But for now just enjoy each good day you, Jim and Vanessa have together and keep smiling :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Lizard

« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2010, 08:10:18 am »
Donnalynn,
Thank you for the update on Jim's condition, its great that everything looks good, but hopefully the Dr's keep an eye on his liver.  Its a relief for you, but unfortunately not 100% relief.  I hope that Jim's liver continues to improve and it is encouraging that his bloodwork is normal.
Take care and juice away!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2010, 10:02:51 am »
Donnalynn .....

It was good to read the good results from Jim's PETscan.  I presume he has had a liver biopsy in the past, from your reference to knowing his liver is not in great shape.  With his blood clotting issues, they may not want to do that, however.

My brother-in-law is a 10 year survivor of liver cancer (treated at Mayo Clinic).  I hope and pray Jim's does not turn out to be that, but know that it can be treated.

Many thoughts and prayers continue for both you and Jim.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011