Author Topic: 2 days after GK- dizzyness?  (Read 1839 times)

blueeyes

2 days after GK- dizzyness?
« on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:41 pm »
Hello.  My Husband had GK on Thursday morning.  His AN was very small- 4mm at largest point - and symptom free.  We knew it had been growing since 2007 so we knew we had to take action.  He did great through the whole procedure and felt great after.  Friday was also great until the evening and he started to get a little swelling around the eyes from drainage which we know is normal.  Today he has gotten very dizzy, however, and off balance.  We were told side effects like this usually don't start happening until 4-6 months at the earliest.  We will call the dr in a few days if it doesn't get better or worse, but I was wondering...is this common?  Have other people suddenly developed symptoms this soon after the procedure?  Thanks for any info!

Blueeyes

mk

Re: 2 days after GK- dizzyness?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 07:38:39 pm »
I didn't have any dizziness or other side effects, other than swelling on the forehead immediately after GK. However, upon leaving the hospital right after the procedure they gave me antinausea pills in case I needed them. The information booklet that they gave me mentioned that patients may experience dizziness and/or headaches a few days after the procedure. So I guess dizziness it not uncommon after GK. It is persists you may want to double check with his doctor.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

PaulW

Re: 2 days after GK- dizzyness?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:46:40 pm »
I had CK which is similar. I felt dizzy about 24 hours later.
The first few days I had  poor balance and my hearing declined too.
I had bouts of really loud tinnitus also. These things were more of an annoyance.
Symptoms fluctuated, tinnitus would be bad one day, then hearing would decline, while hearing and tinnitus got better, then the dizzyness would happen.
With each round of symptoms they became less severe, and 12 months on I am feeling really good.

10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!