Author Topic: Two months post surg and have a cold!  (Read 2072 times)

Suebedo

Two months post surg and have a cold!
« on: November 26, 2010, 08:24:36 pm »
I have a very ordinary head cold; i am past the time I have to worry about sneezing, etc so not too worried. But after a couple days of stuffy head and coughing, I have a weird noise in my AN ear; like a crackling noise. Kind of reminds me of a fire place with good dry wood. Very unsettling.  I am sure I will survive but it is another for that list of AN experiences.
Diagnosed with AN June 10, 2009. Mid fossa surgery 9/30/10 at University of MN. Tumor over an inch at that time. CSF leak after surgery. Eight years later, regrowth. Starting the decisions all over again.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Two months post surg and have a cold!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:42:14 pm »
So sorry about the head cold ..... not pleasant any time, but especially nasty two months post-op.  I am not a doctor ( :-*) but my guess is you have plugged or partially plugged eustachian tubes, which really messes up hearing.  You might call your doctor's office and ask what he/she would recommend for relief in your particular situation.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

lori67

Re: Two months post surg and have a cold!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:44:51 pm »
It does stink to have a cold!  I'd say make yourself some hot chocolate with marshmallows, put your feet up and if you don't have a fireplace, now is a good time to pretend you do!   ;)

Feel better soon!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.