Author Topic: Should you use the same MRI facility every time?  (Read 4619 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Should you use the same MRI facility every time?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 04:57:44 pm »
Jim -

I'm glad you posted your experience since your situation was different from mine.  I know there are others here too who really had no treatment choice due to the size of their AN or due to the fact that radiation wasn't a reasonable treatment at the time their AN was diagnosed - I'm thinking those who were diagnosed many years ago.

While you guys are saved the frustration of having to make a treatment decision plus you don't have the problem of second guessing yourself, it must be just as frustrating not to have any choice in your own treatment.  Although all of our AN journeys are different - they definitely all include stressful elements.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mema

Re: Should you use the same MRI facility every time?
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 11:11:40 am »
When I initually took my MRI films for my consults, every facility said they were great films and I should always get them there.  So I have.  But I've noticed sometimes films make my head  look  large other times its smaller.  So I can't compare them.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.