Author Topic: BAHA Trial ?  (Read 5486 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: BAHA Trial ?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 04:13:22 am »
C -

a BAHA is a bone-attached hearing aid.  It's for those who are unilaterally (single-sided deaf).  I have one and absolutely love it, but I never know how to describe the science behind it; so here's a link that explains it http://www.umm.edu/otolaryngology/baha.htm

Lots of others on the forum have BAHAs too - Lori, Ellis, Sam Rush, Bucko, joef are just a few.  There are many, many posts about BAHAs on the forum - and even "real live" pictures of mine  :) - all you have to do is search.  Or, feel free to just ask; we're not shy about answering questions  :D

A BAHA is just one of the alternatives for SSD.  The TransEar is another option and there are many posts here as well.  A TransEar is different from a BAHA because it doesn't require a surgery and isn't implanted into your skull; it's a hearing aid that you wear in your ear.  Boppie and Kbonner are TransEar users and they both really like it.

Hope this helps,

Jan     

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

Re: BAHA Trial ?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:32 pm »
Mickey,
I tried the BAHA demo today.  I didn't get to bring it home but tried it in the doctor's office.  I can't say enough wonderful things about it!!!  I am in love and the object of that love is BAHA.  Good luck I'm sure you will love it too!!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!