Author Topic: Mykey's "marble" is gone!  (Read 6877 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Mykey's "marble" is gone!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 01:10:01 pm »
Hi, Lisa:

Thanks for the update. 

So sorry to read about the incision leak, but this can sometimes happen with AN surgery.  While Mykey is naturally frustrated and anxious,  just as I would be in his situation, at least he seems to be otherwise recuperating pretty rapidly.  I'm certain your emotional support and physical presence is helping him more than you know.  I hope he'll be home by the weekend.  Our prayers are with you both.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 02:41:28 pm »
Hi Lisa & Mykey,
My prayers and thoughts are with you.  Tell Mykey to not be too discouraged...there are many ups and downs as we all know who have been there.  Keep us posted.
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 04:28:39 pm »
Hang in there...This too shall pass. What great news to see improvement before he even leaves the hospital! Best wishes, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Ellenmn

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 06:03:01 am »
Thank you for the update and I hope the leak is under controll very soon.

Best wishes
Ellen

mykey

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2007, 06:37:35 pm »
Good news!  Mykey came home last night!!   ;D

He's feeling good and slowly getting around more and more.  It's amazing what home can do for your recovery and spirits!  Your good wishes have been amazing and he is so thankful. 

He knows he needs time to heal and have everything come back to "normal" so he's just going with the flow for now.  Not so sure he'll remain so patient after a week or two, but we'll see!

Brucifer - good luck with your appointment with Dr. Mattox!  Let us know how it goes and what you decide.  We have a follow up on Friday with he and Dr. Olson.  I can tell you, we cannot say enough good things about them both!  They were great to me (and obviously Michael too!) the day of surgery, and thereafter.  We feel very fortunate to have found them and to live in Atlanta so close to Emory.  Even in the hospital, every nurse I spoke with said that if they ever needed brain surgery, Dr. Olson would be the one!  He really is fantastic, and the nicest man.  And those who knew Dr. Mattox were equally as complimentary (although in ICU we were under Dr. Olson's care so they were most familiar with him.)  Also, the new Neuro ICU floor at Emory is quite amazing.  I think it's been open about 4 months.  Felt like we got the presidential suite!  Even I had my own room connected to his.

So thanks again everyone...Mykey will be online soon.

Wifey Lisa
Diagnosed  1/20/2007. Right side AN 2.5 cm
50yr, guitarist for 35 yrs.
Married w/10yr old son.
Translab 4/26/07 at Emory University performed by: Dr. Mattox & Dr. Olson
Surgery successful!
Extended time in ICU due to CSF leaks.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 03:49:55 pm »
Lisa and Mykey! Glad to know all is well- and yeah, Thank Big Guy in the beyond that the CSF leak was caught on site.. Yikes! Right on for a successful outcome! Hope you are enjoying spring down south- take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 10:26:19 pm »
Hi guys, best wishes for a speedy recovery: nap, nap, nap! Both of you:-) Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!