Author Topic: HEAVY HEAD  (Read 2243 times)

stevecms

HEAVY HEAD
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:02:20 pm »
Hi,hopefully you guys can give me some advice.Having had translab 6mths ago from day 1 the site of the operation has always felt heavy and tight.I dont suppose the deafnesss helps but it  makes it harder to forget.
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

painter

Re: HEAVY HEAD
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:22:20 am »
I had translab surgery 3 months ago, and I'm experiencing the same thing. Whenever I move my eyebrows up and down or move my ear related muscles, I feel this tightness, that when coupled with the "full" feeling in the deaf ear makes for quite a strange sensation.  The numbness and tightness of the incision area is uncomfortable, but I understand it either goes away eventually or you simply get used to it.  At six months out, how's your wonkyness doing?
Tom

stevecms

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:09:15 am »
Hi Tom,that wonky head varies a lot.Im much worse if im in a busy shop or outside at night.I think the cold weather also makes it feel worse.Hows your wonky head been.
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

cin605

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:13 pm »
Oh i remeber that feeling all to well feels like your carrying a waterballoon around in your head right?And your neck is so stiff you do not want to move?
As your neck muscles heal the heavy head will subside.Try massage n chiro if u have to...but i really think its just a matter of letting time heal.I kno it probly hurts like hell to stretch those neck muscles but the exercise helps too....also maybe flexiril.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

painter

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:49:52 am »
Amen to cin605 (last post)
I'm just realizing the stiff neck is related to the wonky head.  When I turn my head either direction until it strains I feel the wonkyness worsen.  I am going to physical therapy for the neck, and I think that helps.  And at night I do take a flexiril, and that helps as well.  But I love the description of heavy head or wonky being like a "water baloon inside your head".  I liken it to having 3 or 4 glasses of wine then having a glaucoma test where they deaden your eyes.  But I'm most relieved to hear this all goes away with time.  Thanks for the encouraging words.  You gotta love this site.
Tom