Author Topic: What does a Baja hearing aid look like?  (Read 2485 times)

kippy6

What does a Baja hearing aid look like?
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:19:41 pm »
Could someone please tell me what a Baha hearing aid looks like? I'm a 40 year old female who has longer than shoulder-length hair. I usually twist my hair up in a clippie. I'm having surgery soon, but I don't know anything about a Baha hearing aid, as I've just scheduled surgery today, and my doctor just told me I could have one. I've seen pictures of other people wearing one, and it looks like there is a small box on the exterior side of their head. I don't know about this. Is it worth it? How do you brush/wash your hair? How long does it last? Does it need batteries? How durable is it?

I wouldn't mind wearing a hearing aid that is totally in my ear, but I'm concerned about the little box that would be on the outside of my head...not to mention the process of how they insert it to your bone. I'm totally trusting of my doctor...I just want to get more info on the Baja hearing aid to see if I want it or not. The other option I suppose would be to be to get used to being deaf in my right ear after surgery.
AN surgery July 19, 2006
for 3cm AN and arachnoid cyst (right side)
Translab surgical approach
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger
House Ear Insititute

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: What does a Baja hearing aid look like?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 06:59:44 am »
I great web site with lots of stories , pictures, and answers to questions!
http://www.baha-users-support.com/cgi-bin/2bb/2bb.cgi

the little box comes off of course to shower,comb hair , outdoor actvities  etc ... batteries last 7-10 days, hearing aid batteries size 10 , its fairly durable, I have droped mine a few times, but you dont want it wet. Adults are good, its kids that are a little harder on them!..

and photo of me....

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:17:15 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital