Author Topic: I need prayers for Thursday Dec 20 surgery please!  (Read 4767 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: I need prayers for Thursday Dec 20 surgery please!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 01:47:53 pm »
Kelli
My prayers are with you and HUGS AND MORE HUGS.....We will be thinking of you. Please post when you feel better....HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

kelli

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »
  :)
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers!  All of your responses were so kind and helpful.  I felt so much better going into surgery with so much encouragement.  Thank you!

Surgery went very well.  It was less than 9 hours and the doctor got over 90% of the tumor.  He said I can radiate the residual or watch and wait.  I am so glad to start the new year off without worrying constantly about what to do. I have been out of the hospital for 2 weeks and I'm finally feeling like talking to anyone. You all were very accurate, I do feel like I was run over by a Mack Truck!  The first week I had to crawl to the bathroom, now I am able to walk a little bit.  I am still very dizzy and my headaches are still pretty bad.  I am much better though.  Wow!  What an experience!  My main problems besides the dizziness are an increase in the tinnitus, no hearing in the left ear now and also severe left eye dryness.  I've been putting gels and drops in my left eye constantly.  I do hope my eye problem gets better in time.  I'm going to read the eyecare section and try to figure out what to do about my eye.

Thank you all so much!!!
May we all have a healthy and blessed new year!
In gratitude,
Kelli
Diagnosed 3cm AN January 2007
Tried holistic treatments for one year. Finally had posterior fossa at Kaiser Redwood City with Dr. Nutik on Dec 20. Followed by cyberknife at Stanford in April for residual tumor.
Thank you Dr. Nutik!

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 05:14:07 pm »
Hey Kelli:  Welcome to the other side kiddo !!!   Good to hear all went well.   Yeah, post op was rough, wasn't it.
I suggest you make an appt. with your optomologist so he/she can evaluate your cornea,  I have this done routinely.   Hopefully your eye will settle down.  In the meantime you're doing everything right, continue with the lubricant/drops.   As soon as I feel the burn starting I immediately put in the lubricant.
You may want to make yourself an eyepatch with syran wrap to wear at night - it gives a sort of 'greenhouse' effect over your eye.  Just cut out the syran wrap to fit around your eye, then tape it all over to seal. (the top should be just above your eyebrows - don't want pressure on the lids).
There's an 'eyebubble' you can order if it doesn't improve, but let's see how things go.

Good thoughts to you kelli, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

OMG16

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 09:12:22 pm »
Kelli you didn't say if you had numbness on that side or not so I will post a reply as if you do.  Be very careful not to scratch your eye and if you have any redness have it checked out right away.  You are right there are many tips on post op eye lubrication on the site.  With you just having surgery you may not be able to read through those for a while so please feel free to post a new topic so you do not exhaust yourself.  We will all understand having gone through the post op period ourselve or with family members.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 02:47:47 pm »
Hip Hip Hurray!
Let's raise a toastie!
Our gal Kelli
Is now a Postie!

Rest up, take care of the eye and be sure to try and walk a little each day. Gotta have someone with you of course! Also, don't forget to load up on the fruit--good to keep the pipes working, if ya know what I mean. Berry and banana smoothies with protien powder are really good for you right now, as is fresh air a few times a day.
Take care--any questions, don't hesitate to post 'em to any of us!

Healing Hugs to ya Sweetie!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW