Author Topic: MRI  (Read 1887 times)

Tjjacobs89

MRI
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:43:38 pm »
Ok first time posting here, but here's my background 7 years us military multiple deployments.
I recently failed a hearing test in one ear then was given another test by eent in which they said I needed a MRI but I shouldn't worry, that was all the information I received we'll it being the 21st century I started googling it and found out about an. I began looking at the symptoms of vertigo and stuff which I have had for the past year I just figured I was tired or something when the earth would still move when I stand still.... Anyways just was asking if I should be worried I have a MRI Friday the28th. Which I have been stressing over immensely I haven't told my daughter or wife any advice/information would be very nice.

Thanks,

TJ

Nannybee

Re: MRI
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »
TJ,
There's no way to tell until you have the MRI. ANs are rare, and lots of other things can cause hearing loss and vertigo.
Of course, an AN may explain your symptoms, but try not to drive yourself crazy with what might be until you get the MRI results.
NB
AN 18x19 mm
3 meningiomas
NF2
AN treated with SRS April 2013
MRI Feb 2016 AN shrunk to 17 x 8 mm :)
Constant tinnitus in AN ear
Severe hearing loss AN ear

wintersmd

Re: MRI
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:02:48 am »
TJ

Hope your MRI went well and you got some answers.  I was diagnosed about a year ago with my AN on my left side.  I suffered some of the same symptoms as you, vertigo, loss of hearing.  I had surgery in June 14, 2013 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.  My recovery has been slow, but the Army has given me much latitude during my recovery.    If you have any questions or need someone to talk with, let me know.  Take care and be safe!!

Mike