Author Topic: Woahh Postiie  (Read 8448 times)

Tracy Lynn

• If you are going through hell, keep going.
Re: Woahh Postiie
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 08:48:00 pm »
Tomorrow is the last day of steroids yay! I think today was a "rebuilding" day. I haven't napped in a few days (mostly because I can't fall asleep), and yesterday I think I was overly tired. This morning I went to the hairdresser and felt pretty pampered. We discussed it for awhile and I ended up going chin-length. I think I'll go shorter once the shaved patch grows in a bit more. The hairdresser did say that they were donating all cut hair to go to the gulf to assist in making absorbent buoys for the oil, which I think is pretty cool.

Tonight is a friend's college graduation party, and hard as it was to say no, I don't regret it. Today is the first day in awhile that I had a nasty headache. I didn't feel like doing much of anything but lying in a dark, quiet room.

Sue- I love the toenail polish idea! I think I will try it tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear about your stitches, that sounds sensitive! The surgeons explained to me the potential hardware, but also told me that until day of surgery, it was uncertain how much hardware was necessary. I like your doctor's sense of humor. Although its a minor amount, I have noticed that where they did the belly incision my pants fit differently now. I keep putting mederma around the staple area because it looks so Frankenstein-ish.
Right ear, 3.5 cm  Diagnosed 3-23-10 pre-op symptoms: 90% loss of hearing, headaches, Tinnitus.
Translab surgery 5-18-10
Post-op symptoms: SSD, Tinnitus, wonky-head
BAHA implant: 9-2-10

*Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, its not the end.*

Lizard

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 09:18:47 pm »
Just replied to the note you left for Sue, and then read this one...so yes hopefully your sleeping patterns will normalize quickly after stopping the steroids.  Also, the chin length was much easier to handle the "undergrowth" as I affectionately called it. 
Hopefully your headache eased up a bit before the party, hopefully you didn't stay too too long.

Take care,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

sues1953

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:39 am »
Hi Tracy,

I kind had a bad day on Saturday, I was suppose to go to a graduation party and I think the anxiety alone layed me low.  I had to miss it  :(.  I have felt better since.  I seem to get a mild hedach in the afternoon toward evening but a couple of excedrine take care of it.

I do hope that your headach is gone and its just the healing process.  Are you driving yet?

Sue
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

cin605

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 11:22:50 am »
Ohhh I remeber the major anxiety going any where public......its the sensory overload deal......your brain and eyes and feet are all learning to co-ordinate w/o the blob in your head.It does get better.Take the time to heal and say "No,Sorry i can not possible make it"when you have to.Its all about YOU right now.Thoughts and healing prayer your way!
Cindy
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old