Author Topic: Ear pain ..........  (Read 16542 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Ear pain ..........
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:36 pm »
Anne Marie, I wish I knew what to say... truly.  I'm sorry to hear this and you KNOW I'm sending the infamous Queenie Beanie healing "toots" and hugglez your way.

Oh, hun, I'm sorry to hear this. Please hang tough!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 10:26:51 pm »
Thanks for the support and well wishes.  I have to tell you my husband was pretty freaked out.  Louie was stuck to me like glue.  It was comical actually I'm propped up dozing on the loveseat in the living room and Louie is layed out on the couch snoring.  My oldest son came in from a night out saw us and his first thought was something happened.  Yeah something was happening.....my ear drum ruptured! 

Jim, I could never loose my sense of humour, remember I live with five men so I gotta keep smiling as best as I can. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 10:30:22 pm »
Anne Marie -

sorry to hear that Louie was freaked out, but it is  kind of nice to hear that he's stuck to you like glue  ;)

True love - nothing like it  ;D

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 03:42:11 pm »

My ear sill drain last night.  Today I had sharp shooting pain in my ear and a coughing fit at 6:00am and woke up the entire house.  I called the Dr's office and got appointment for Friday morning.  I can't wait, I have a load of questions.  So that's my update here comes Friday.....

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

yardtick

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 06:55:54 pm »
I saw the Dr today.  Guess what?  My MRI was inconclusive because of fluid.  They could not get a true measurement of the facial neuroma.  Well I guess all of the fluid ruptured out Sunday @ 4:00 am.  Last night I did not have any drainage, but I'm still getting ear pain.  My ear has been through a lot.

SO, the plan is to remove the scar neuroma very soon.  He told me to be flexible....well I'm flexible.  Once that is healed than he going to order a very detailed CT scan and than we should know the measurements. 

He said on the scale I am a three, and he noticed slight changes in my face since my last visit a month ago.  I told him about the hemifacial spasms that are occuring when I'm stressed and tired.  Its all part of the facial neuroma.  He feels the time isn't right for the nerve graft yet.  I know I'm in good hands, but I worry..... 

Anne Marie

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:58:06 pm by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

yardtick

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 06:21:14 pm »
Some good news....Tuesday July 22nd I'm having surgery to remove the scar neuroma.  I hope this is the begining of no more pain.  After I heal of course ::)  I have my pre-op tomorrow. 

Happy in Ontario, this is a good start!
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

sgerrard

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 09:55:18 pm »
Anne Marie,

I am so hoping that it goes well for you Tuesday. You have been unbelievably patient, it is time for something good to come your way.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

yardtick

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:56 pm »
Thanks Steve,

Had my pre-op today and I'm waiting for Tues, not that I want to wish the weekend away.  Can you believe it was my Dr who did the pre-op!  He even walked me to the pre-admissions and over to the operating suites.  He knows I'm nervous, considering I'm going to be wide awake while he removes the scar, the neuroma and chisels down my skull.  Thank goodness he's ordered 2mg of ativan for me to take as soon as I get there.

So good thoughts my forum family!!!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 01:43:14 am »
Anne Marie -

good luck on Tuesday!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the beginning of the end of your pain.

Never heard of a doctor doing a pre-op, but I'm very impressed!  Sounds like you'll be in good hands.

Did you remember to put your surgery on the AN Calendar?  There's a link under Steve's profile.

Jan

BTW - love the new picture; very pretty ;D

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Cheryl R

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:15 am »
Anne Marie,    I hope all goes well for you but am quite surprised about why you will be awake for what sounds like a major surgery.    Were you told why you would be awake?          Will you be having any more surgery in the future as maybe I am not thinking right.
            Good luck and we will be thinking of you.
                                                                                Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

yardtick

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 08:26:56 am »
Hi Cheryl,

I'm awake because my guess is, it is cost efficient.  I was awake when they removed the hardware from my ankle three years ago.  Remember I'm Hungarian and have lots of Gypsie blood running through my veins......strong like bull ;D

Yes I'm sure there will come a day when I will need the nerve graft.  At the moment my appearance is a 2 on a good day and a 3 on bad day with some synkinesis.  I will have a CT scan to determine if the neuroma has grown.  My MRI showed the residual mastoid air cells were fluid filled and it made evaluation very difficult. 

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Cheryl R

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 08:36:55 am »
Hello again.       I hope this goes well since you have been in so much pain lately.        Sounds like you have put up with what many of us would not have been able to.
    I well know that ones face can sure vary from day to day.     
                 Take good care of yourself.                       Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 10:43:07 am »
Anne Marie:

Let me join the many others rooting and praying for you to have a relatively painless and very successful surgery on Tuesday.  You've certainly had your share of pain and problems yet kept your sense of humor throughout.  I really hope you catch a break this time and can start down the road to normalcy.  We're with you all the way.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 07:56:47 am »
Anne Marie-

I am sending you my prayers and well wishes, too.  I can't believe what you've been through!  I hope Louie is holding up okay, too.  Let us know how it goes on Tuesdaay.

Debbi, sending lots of good thoughts (and dreams of white pizze) your way...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 08:20:47 pm »
LisaP, I was glad to read your post of ear pain, fullness, I am new to this and can hardly stand this feeling.  The Dr. in Boston also said it was a bit unusual.  I have made an appointment with the dentist but this pain is clearly deep in my ear and it is not because I know something is there because I felt there was something wrong in there before the MRI and the Dr.'s said it was a normal ear.  When is your next MRI?
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!