Author Topic: driving  (Read 2710 times)

madison

driving
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:10:01 pm »
hello all. i had gk 3 yrs. ago. i get an mri every 6 mths to see how things are going.
i have a question about lightheadedness...i seem to only notice a
problem when i'm driving. my vision is pretty good, but i did have a slight issue in the past
in which one of my eyes was a little better than the other and i could actually sense the eyes
trying to balance out. anyway....i thought maybe i experience this feeling due to a vision
issue rather than the tumor itself??this may be wishful thinking. when i'm driving i get a feeling like i
might have an episode of vertigo or like things are just off-kinda like before you pass out.
luckily i never had either happen(fingers crossed) but it isn't like this the entire time-especially
noticeable though when stopped at a red light. i'd appreciate any opinions you might
have on this dilemma. thks. so much! ;)
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: driving
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 06:44:26 pm »
madison,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into this, esp after a few years post-GK.

I have not heard of the "lightheadedness", esp. related to vision (maybe someone else has heard of it)... the only thing I have truly heard around here is folks noting issues driving in the dark/at night (I guess depth-perception issues in the dark, as many note darkness issues even while walking, etc).  I am one that has issues with vision at night while walking/driving, but I don't have the lightheadedness you note.  I am almost 5 yrs post-CK.

What has your primary care physician and eye dr (and esp. your GK team) noted about this?

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"