Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you have?  (Read 4740 times)

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
Re: What kind of cell phone do you have?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:22 pm »
Interesting to run across this topic because I have thought in the past couple of months that there was something wrong with the ring volume on my phone.  I keep checking to see if the volume is all the way up, and it is, but I can't seem to hear it as well.  Was thinking about getting a new phone, but now I am beginning to think the hearing in the AN ear is acting up.  Just a thought.  I always put my phone on speaker when I am talking, otherwise it is just too much of a strain to hear what people are saying.  And, I don't glue that cell phone to my ear--too many people missing out on face to face conversations these days.  But, still the cell phone is a great invention if everyone can get past the cell phone/brain tumor debate.

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 11:19:49 am »
I got the new iPhone and I love it, but I can't figure out how to get the volume to stay at the higest setting - it keeps going back to the middle.  It does vibrate though...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 04:18:34 pm »
My wife has the cell phone in our family.  I use it for occasional out-of-town calls, including my doctor.  It's a Nokia that she was given (for free) when we signed up for AT&T cell phone service.  I hear it ring just fine and have no trouble using it, either, so maybe the ringer is extra-loud or something.  In any case, it works for me.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 05:59:01 am »
I have 2... personal is an LG with a terrific speakerphone on it (with my hearing, I tend to use the speakerphone on my mobiles to help with my hearing....)..... and  my work mobile is a Sanyo Kantara (I think that is the model name)... again, with good speaker phone.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 08:50:33 pm »
hi kaybo - thanks for the tip on the iphone, i will be getting one soon and can't wait!!!
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan