Author Topic: Brain Tumor and Fatigue Brochure  (Read 4285 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Brain Tumor and Fatigue Brochure
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:27:18 pm »
Hi all,

This has been posted in the past and I repost for newbies that may find it an interesting read.

Nancy Conn-Levin and Dr. Peter Black examined brain tumor (malignant and benign) patients, fatigue, pre and post-treatment.  The link below is a brochure they put together to help all brain tumor patients understand the fatigue that we tend to experience.  The brochure is a ".pdf" file, so you will need either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to open the link.

http://www.modularmisfits.com/forums/files/Brain_Tumor_and_Fatigue.pdf

They offer info regarding the why's and even how to conquer it.  I found it to be a good read and wanted to share with you as well.

If anyone needs an original, hard copy of it, please let me know and I will obtain from Dr. Black's office for you.

Happy reading!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Brain Tumor and Fatigue Brochure
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 04:31:46 am »
Phyl:  I made a copy of it awhile back when you put it up,  it truly lets you & others around you know how bad it can really be, & that it can last a LONG TIME.
        So I don't think I'm being 'a baby' when I get so tired still, I realize what the cause is & it has helped me tremendously. Also lets you know about the concentration
issues, etc.    I keep it on my office desk !!
        Thank-you,   & good thoughts always,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

johnsli

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:32:30 am »
Phyl,

Thank you so much for that post.  I thought I was losing my mind.  I have been so tired.  Some things that I used to do simply wear me out.  I hung out 4 loads of wash on Saturday, and I was exhausted.  (Now of course I have to iron).  I think alot of it is just adjusting to the fact that I have a tumor.   This really put things in perspective

Thanks
LOL
Laura

Ellenmn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 06:08:55 am »
Thank you for posting this.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:24:37 am »
Glad to help. I, personally, found it very insightful and helpful in ways to help conquer the fatigue.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

er

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:54:39 am »
Hi Phyl

Thank you for the info. I went straight to the web site.  This issue is one of my biggest problems!
eve

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:17:28 am »
*bump*

Seems this topic of interest comes up every now and then, so I am re"bumping" this thread so others that may be interested in the topic/brochure can locate it easy..... hope it helps as it's helped many already with the question of brain tumors (in general) and how fatigue go hand in hand.

Phyl

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 01:53:21 pm »
I'll bump the thread up again by thanking Phyl for posting it.   :)

Very practical information here that we all can use to some extent. 

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 09:23:28 pm »
Phyl, all I can say is YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND!  :D
THAT is the article I've been wanting to read.  It pisses me OFF that I have to ask for HELP, but I know it's true.  ugh...
I went to a store yesterday, and I could not relocate my husband, so I sat down for about 20 mins.  I thought he was in the restroom, but nooooo.  He was looking for a closed cell oil heater to save us some MAJOR money on heating and some other detritus that he found "necessary".  LOL!
I sat and waited, and when I got up, it was AMAZING!!  I felt sooooooooooo much better for having rested just that little bit.
I reccommend that if anyone already operated on has to go out, you just wave the "high sign" and just simply REST for a bit.

I deeply appreciate your help, Phyl.  It will get me through the holidays! 
Love,
V

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 10:08:07 am »
*bi-annual bump of thread*

Hi all,

I know there are recent discussions about this, so "bumping" this thread for those that haven't seen it... as it may help.

Phyl

Melissa778

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:46 am »
THANKS SO MUCH for the great info.  I will be making my husband read it tonight so that he can stop telling me how lazy I am and that's "it's all in my head"....LOL  No, sh&* it's all in my head....It's a TUMOR..  LOL ;D
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(