Author Topic: In Houston Dec 20-27 - Anyone want to get together??  (Read 7638 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: In Houston Dec 20-27 - Anyone want to get together??
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 05:49:50 am »
I am so sorry I have a major family emergency and I can't come.  I am emailing MsMaggie in hopes she can find a ride.  Say some prayers for my daughter
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 09:55:44 am »
Brenda -

hope everything turns out okay.  Prayers to your daughter - and to you.

Kaybo -

wish I was near Houston, I'd love to be able to get together with all you guys.

Hope you, Dave, and the girlies had a great Christmas  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 04:44:37 pm »
Hey Everyone~
We had a GREAT time at lunch today - it was so great to SEE everyone!!  Brenda was able to come after all so we were glad about that.  Priscilla looks absolutely AMAZING for having had surgery only 2 weeks ago!!  We took pictures, hopefully someone else (Brian??) can post those.  (I can't download mine until I get back home.)  I guess we looked like a bunch of camera geeks (Thanh was the only "cool cat") - HEY, maybe that is why those people kept staring (the cameras, not Thanh)!!  ::)   I hope I didn't atlk too much!  I had a wonderful time - thanks for coming out to meet me - we'll have to do it again!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 06:41:19 pm »
Okay, here are the pics that I took today.  First, is the group of us:

Next, Kaybo and MsMaggie:

Next, Brendalu:

Finally, Waypoint:

I'm sorry if the last two show up side-ways (for some reason I can't get them flipped right now).

Lunch was GREAT and FUN!  I really enjoyed meeting everyone!  We ate and talked for almost 3 hours!  It was a great time!

Enjoy!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 06:44:14 pm »
Hi to all,

We had a fabulous lunch that lasted 2 1/2 hrs.  And no, you did not talk too much, Kay!  We were all (maybe not Thanh  :D) trying to talk all at the same time. I really felt like I was getting together with a bunch of old friends.  We all looked wonderful, in my esteemed opinion. I had to go home and take a nap after it was all over.  That was a lot of excitement for me, two weeks out from surgery.  I so hope we can do that again when and if Kay and her sweetie come back in town in the spring.  It meant so much to me to see everyone in person.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

sgerrard

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 07:24:58 pm »
Hey, thanks for celebrating my birthday down there in Texas - that wasn't really necessary!  ;D

I must say, besides looking like good fun and good food and good talk, it looks warm down there. Is that green stuff outside what they call grass? Haven't seen that in a while...

It is always great to see some smiling forumites getting together, thanks for posting the pics. You all look marvelous:D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 05:24:18 am »
Hi!

As most of you know, my grand daughter has seizures.  I guess Christmas was too much for her and she had one that knocked her out for well over 2 hours. (My daughter found her on the floor by the Christmas tree at about 4:15 am)  I thought we were going to have to take my daughter to the hospital (she was a basket case)  The EMT's (who get called whenever Paxie is out for more than an hour) got there and it took them about twenty minutes to bring her around.  She is doing fine, but very disgusted that her countdown for her driver's license has to start over.  She was four a half months without a seizure.  She has to go six months.
I so enjoyed MsMaggie's company  on the ride to Logan's Roadhouse and her navigational abilities on the way back! The group was a delight and I can't wait to do it again!!

and my newsletter was waiting for me when I got home, so I am filling out the paperwork to go to the symposium and put more faces with names!

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

waypoint

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 06:57:17 pm »
Yep, it was great to meet yall yesterday and finally put faces to names.
2.4cm AN removed, Retrosigmoid, 10/1/07
Memorial Hermann, Dr. Chang & Dr. Alp
lost hearing Lt side, paralysis Lt side hopefully temporary
recovered from the balance issues at about 4-6months

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 07:07:51 pm »
Thanks for sharing you guys. I'm really glad you could get together. I want ot meet all of you too. I'm so looking forward to the 2009 Symposium so I could meet some forumites.

Steve: A very happy birthday to you. If I knew any Acoustic Neuroma Birthday songs I'd sing one for you, but I don't know any.

Syl
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:11:02 pm by Syl »
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

texsooner

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 11:07:03 am »
Great looking group....sorry I couldn't be there....hopefully we'll do it again sometime.

Priscilla, looks like you are doing great...take it slow.

Happy New Year to the Houston area group and to all AN'ers.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 02:52:07 pm »
You guys all look great  ;D  Thanks, Pooter, for posting these pictures.

Brenda -

glad to hear the emergency turned out okay and you got to attend the get together - and I'm also glad you're coming to the symposium.

A belated Happy Birthday to Steve.  Are you 21 again? or is it 30 this year ?  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 08:35:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

I haven't been spending as much time as usual on the computer during the holidays.  Brian thanks for posting the pics!  You all look great and it sounds like you had a fabulous time.  I wish New York and Texas weren't so far apart -- I would          d to have been there and met all of you!  Right now, I'm looking forward to our NY ANers lunch on January 10. 

Brenda -- I'm glad to hear your daughter is okay!  Happy New Year to all!

Wendy

P.S.  Maggie -- You look wonderful -- Hope you feel good too!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!