Author Topic: KAYBO T3 TODAY  (Read 25204 times)

Kate B

• AN World
Re: KAYBO T3 TODAY
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 05:10:59 am »
Hey Phyl
Regarding Jan's last post about losing track of things...has there ever been a calendar on this board where ANer's could post their upcoming procedures?  Can it be done?

David

Good idea, David.

Maybe we could just create a topic under a section like this one (AN Community) and everyone could post their important dates there.

Just a thought,

Jan

Jan, LA and Steve,

Did the calendar idea get off the ground?  I really like that idea too.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 05:15:05 am »
I am still very ill and having allot of pain and feeling sorry for myself.  I do not do well taking pain medication but that is all I can do along with antibiotics until the infectious disease Dr is back in town.  Which is this Friday and then hopefully we will have some sort of treatment plan and a surgery date scheduled right away. 

I hope you feel better.  I have been gone a week and have missed the thread about you being ill.

Sending Chicken Soup your way. It's good for the mind and the soul:-) 

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 07:02:28 am »

Did the calendar idea get off the ground?  I really like that idea too.

Kate

Kate - 

Phyl pointed us to a link somewhere on this forum, but I'm not sure if anyone has been utilizing it or not  ???

I thought her post was in this topic, but can't find it so it must be in another topic. 

David, Steve, or anyone else, can you tell Kate where the link is?

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2008, 08:09:23 am »
*runs in, "pastes" link to AN Community calendar, reposts thread with calander for ease of access/reference, runs back out*

http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d01/04/2008?display=M&style=B&positioning=A

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2008, 08:14:18 am »
OK...zi'm the lazy blonde...is this calendar just for me to use or is it supposed to be filled out?  I guess I thought that we would access a calendar that everyone could add dates to...
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2008, 08:15:26 am »
t'is you! ;)

I just reposted the thread and it details the explanation of it's usage. Pls see other thread re: AN community calendar... it fully explains.

btw, hope you are feeling well today, K! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

calimama

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2008, 08:59:43 am »
Sending best wishes for a successful surgery, easy recovery and a great big smile sometime soon!

Thanks for caring and sharing Kaybo.
Lots of well wishers sending only the best for you.

Good luck from Canada!!
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 03:20:28 pm »
Hi Kay:  I just saw your pictures on your blog - You DO look good for being 6 days post op. 
 My lips were pulled much more & did not look like lips.  Yours look great. (you've got beautiful lips, if
you don't mind my saying so).
I think because I had much more of a droop & my face is aged more he had to
stretch/pull them more.    Yes, he CAN predict how it will come out.    He takes a
geographical approach, 'mapping' in mm for correct alignment. (he'd have made a
great astronomer back in the day).     Thank you for posting the pictures.  You 're
going to love the results - I know I do.   Now, what's that word ?  oh yea, PATIENCE ! ! !

Always good thoughts,   Nancy

ps:  In about a  week, you're going to start needing to apply a scar medication with silicone in it.   I use Scar Zone - it was the only one I could find with silicone, in Walgreens.  When I went for my 7 week visit I showed it to Dr. Byrne & he said that was fine,  but wanted me to also use spf30 & wear a large brimmed hat when going outside (my scar had gotten a little red from not using strong enough spf).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:22:00 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2008, 03:31:20 pm »
Kaybo's posted pictures  8)

I'll have to head over to her blog and check them out!

I purchased a scar medication for my son not too long ago and it says on the bottle that it has silicone in it.  It's called ScarCare, it's manufactured by scarguard and I purchased it online at drugstore.com  It was kind of pricey, but it worked well on the burn scar my son has on his cheek.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2008, 11:29:49 pm »
I agree with some of the comments on the blog, Kay has Angelina Jolie lips. Based on the comments from Nancy above, about how it will turn out, I think it is pretty clear - Kay is going to be hot!  :-*

I also think it is cool that this thread is now headed into a discussion of scar creams. Please continue.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LADavid

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2008, 12:21:35 am »
Personally I thought Kay went a few rounds with Mike Tyson.  But Kay came out on the winning end.  You're beautiful and Dave knows it.  May the Lord bless you two with the happiness you deserve.

You guys and the three girlies rock!

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2008, 12:48:53 am »
I also think it is cool that this thread is now headed into a discussion of scar creams. Please continue.  8)

Just because we have jumped from Kay's surgery to the AN treatment calendar to scar creams and back to Kay's surgery, doesn't mean we aren't staying on topic here  :D

I posted a message to Kay on her blog earlier, but I just wanted to chime in and say that despite the bruising and swelling it's easy to imagine how great Kay will look once she is fully healed.  Marvelous - just like Nancyann.  In fact, in light of what Kay's been through, I'd say she looks pretty darn good already  :)

Jan

OMG16

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2008, 02:03:52 am »
She is a beautiful Woman inside and out this is one thing I know for sure.  K I'm glad you are home and going to have a slumber party with the girls.  Love you!  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Denisex2boys

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 02:37:34 pm »
Kay - you seriously are looking more beautiful after each day - - I really can see the change :)  You should post some before and after pics!

You look great and your attitude is phenom!!!!!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2008, 05:36:53 pm »
Yep, Kay, Dave was so right - you ARE beautiful!  Love your blog.

You are an inspiration!

Debbi (3 weeks, part of one day, and counting...)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com