Author Topic: Two weeks and counting...  (Read 17081 times)

lori67

Re: Two weeks and counting...
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 08:58:30 am »

Ohio Also...I'll look for you in the hospital so we can race down the hall.  ;D

Oh, that should be quite a sight - two drunken sailors with matching haircuts zig-zagging down the hospital halls!  I think it would more like bumper cars than a race!

Good luck to both of you! 
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:11 am »

Oh, that should be quite a sight - two drunken sailors with matching haircuts zig-zagging down the hospital halls!
Lori

Wonder if we can get someone to take some video of that   ;D

Seriously, though, best of luck to you "pre-posties".  Waiting for your big day can be very stressful.  Relax, put yourself in the hands of the doctors, and go from there.  I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mama R

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 09:34:12 pm »

You ladies are a hoot! I'm up for a video of us..How 'bout you Ohio? Maybe we could be the opening act at the next ANA Symposium!! We wouldn't even need to have go for a fitting as our costumes willl already match (and fit perfect, I'm sure)!
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

NW

• 9mmx8mmx10mm Surgery Oct.17,2007
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 01:02:31 pm »
Ohio & Ohio also, best of luck!! Keep that positve attitude & you'll do great!! Can't wait to hear about when you're all done!!! We need to have an Ohio get together being I'm from there also!! We can play games like who can stand on 1 foot the longest with their eyes closed!!!
Try it now so after surgery you can work towards that goal!! LOL!  Relax, this will all be behind you very soon!!

Nancy

oHIo

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 07:38:13 pm »
I can supply the video cam but need to make sure I'm shot from my "good" side (instead of my backside...you know how hospital gowns can be  ;D )  Who knows, we might win the grand prize for funniest hospital video. 

Ohio Also...on which side is your AN?  While we're wobbling down the hall we'll have to position ourselves so we can hear each other yell, "Your gown's open in the back" ;)

I've got a million things to do before surgery and am working 12 hour shifts the next two days.  I'm trying to stay busy to keep my anxiety level down.  I'll be glad when I am an official postie. 

NW...what part of Ohio?  Seems we've had a run of us who have nothing better to do than grow an AN. 

Mama R

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:13 am »
Ohio, NW, Daydreamer & an NW's guardian angel (postie) - We are buidling quite a clientel in Ohio. We all need to meet in a central location, once this is over.Daydreamer, I hope you have found a doctor that you are comfortable with. NW & her guardian angel had Dr Welling @ Ohio State. Ohio & myself are having it done at Universtiy of Cincinnati this week w/two different team of doctors but I am sure we are both in good hands.Ohio,be careful not ot overdo it this week as you want to be healthy for your surgery. Maybe a little more prayer and a lot less work :) Will you be admitted Wed or Thur? Mine is 7:30 am Friday, & will be admitted just before. Yes, the gowns are stunning. Another postie I met said to have someone on hand ready to dress you in a pair of pj bottoms for the backside gown issue!
1 cm

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 07:15:51 am »
Hi Ohio-

Just wanted to add my best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery.  And, in a new take of an old Irish saying - "May the wind always be at your back and all your roads be straight!"

Let us all know how it goes.  We newbies need to learn from you soon to be posites!

From your neighboring (almost) state, New Jersey,
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:46 am »
Well, all this talk of hospital gowns - maybe we better keep the wind down?  How about an even newer take - "May the wind be just a slight breeze so as not to blow open poorly fitting hospital garments or knock over wobbly AN patients and may all your roads be straight (and the walls covered in bubble wrap..)."

Good luck to the whole state of Ohio!  You guys should get a group discount.   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

NW

• 9mmx8mmx10mm Surgery Oct.17,2007
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »
Hi Ohio, I'm from Warren, Ohio. I cannot believe all the Ohio AN's popping up all over Ohio. What area are you from? I truly believe this summer we all need to meet.We'll have to figure out who sits on what end or near the wall!! Question for you, I see you work 12 hr days. What do you do? I also worked them, but I honestly don't think I can yet & I'm 5 months post op. Yay!! Actually 5 months today!! Did your Doctor tell you what or when you could work them again? Or if you should. I'm curious to know that.

Any way I want to wish you the best. You & OhioAlso are in my prayers. I'm sure you are ready to have this done as I was. The stress of waiting is the worse. There are so many hurdles to get over & you'll soon be on the other side of the main one. We are all here for you.Take care & God Bless. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nancy

oHIo

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 07:46:39 pm »
Nancy...
I'm in the burbs of Cincinnati.  I'm a pediatric neuro nurse.  I see the doc tomorrow to discuss (again) expectations after surgery, including work.  His scheduler made some comment (kidding I hope) that I would have to be off work at least two weeks.  I was told no lifting anything over 5 lbs. (a gallon of milk weighs 8 lbs.) for a month.  We'll just have to see how it goes before I figure out my return to work schedule.  Tomorrow is my last day of work before surgery.

An Ohio reunion sounds good.  We could meet at Cedar Point or King's Island and take in some spinning rides.  Oh wait, we've already done those without the rides!  Virtual reality at its finest.

Ohio Also...I'm going in at 0545 the morning of surgery for a 0730 surgery.  Winding down on the work and taking every spare moment to sneak in an extra prayer.  I'll be saying one for you also.   

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 08:37:57 pm »
Nancy...
 I see the doc tomorrow to discuss (again) expectations after surgery, including work.  His scheduler made some comment (kidding I hope) that I would have to be off work at least two weeks. 

Nancy -

hate to burst your bubble, but most docs say that recovery time post op is typically 6 weeks and - although everyone is different - 2 weeks is pretty fast.  I had minimal side-effects and only returned to my desk job part time after 2 1/2 weeks; it took me 4 weeks to return full time.

Your job sounds much more physically taxing than mine.  Don't rush back to work; allow yourself time to heal.

Best of luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Melissa778

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 05:54:49 am »
I'm game for an Ohio get together......I'm from the Toledo area... :D  I never knew how many of us there were from Ohio.....great to hear from people who see some docs I'll be seeing.

Melissa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 05:59:27 am »
oHIo, sending wellness wishes and healing huggles going into tomorrow... hang tough... we're here to cheer you on! :)

Good vibes, good vibes.... :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mama R

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 08:17:07 am »
Just a HEAH to all those who are graciously providing support to us Ohioans. Two more days for me and only one for 'Ohio'. Getting a little nervous and emotional with this coming..Like today for some reason it just came on. I guess I think I'm accepting this just fine when in actuality I am just stuffing it....So Me! Thank you all for your continued  support & especially the sense of humor...It goes a long way! You're in my prayers Ohio!
p.s No high wind warnings in the forcast that I can see!!
1 cm

Glenda

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 08:21:52 am »
oHIo

I know tomorrow is the Big Day.  You are in my thoughts and prayers for a very successful surgery.
Sending Big Healing Hugs  :-*

Ohio Also
You are also in my prayers.  Healing Hugs to you also for the day after tomorrow :-*

Hang tough and let us hear from you both, we are all here for you!

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness