Author Topic: surgery in the morning  (Read 22629 times)

It is what it is

surgery in the morning
« on: August 01, 2012, 12:53:21 am »
Well, I'm just a few hours away from becoming tumor less.  I want to thank you all for being there for me through this process.  This list is filled with angels.  I'll write an update when I'm able. 

THANK YOU.  :)

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

volleymom

• had pressure on my Pons
Re: surgery in the morning
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:12:18 am »
I am excited for you Karen.  Your great attitude will get you through.

Looking forward to our next meeting.  You can ride in the middle cockpit of the triple kayak, with my dog.

Kathy   ;)
9mm X 16mm diagonsed in August 2009.  Retrosigmoid Nov, 2009 at OHSU in Portland, OR.
post-op had some facial nerve weakness, nearly resolved. Mild tinnitus. Left sided deafness.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:24:49 am »
Karen
You will be in my thoughts today. You will be a postie in no time. You'll do great and will be glad when its all done. Keep us posted and *hugs*

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

It is what it is

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:29:49 am »
Thanks Kathy!!  I am sooooo glad we were able to have our own mini support group in person before this surgery.  Talk about angels---thanks for sharing your story and all the useful and practical suggestions you gave me.  Yes, our next support group meeting may be in kayaks. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

miller

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 06:35:21 am »
Karen,

My prayers are going out to you today!! You are going to do great :)

Cheryl
6/1/12 Diagnosed AN 3cm x3.1cmx3.2cm
Hearing Loss, Mild Tinnitus
Translab HEI 7/12/12 Wilkinson Schwartz
SSD, No facial paralysis, Tinnitus

It is what it is

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:42:01 am »
Thanks Mindy and Cheryl and Kathy.  They are preparing me for surgery and I picked up messages for the last time.  Your messages make such a pleasant and supportive way to go into surgery!

Karen

HisFireFly

• Flickers of a Faithful FireFly
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:20:23 am »
Prayers ascending ....

You are in His hands as he directs the hands of the surgeons.

May a blanket of peace and comfort cover you as you wake...
Learning more each day about leaning into His everlasting arms.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 09:26:30 am »
Sending more prayers your way this morning.

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:43:24 am »
Karen .....

Many thoughts and prayers as you are in surgery!  You have good hands guiding the instruments inside your skull so I am at peace that you are going to do well today.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 10:57:39 am »
Good luck!

See you as a postie!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lrobie

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 11:17:38 am »
Karen,

Prayers are being sent your way.  I've been thinking about you all morning.  You are in great hands!

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

BlueSky

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »
Good luck! Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 06:51:32 pm »
Good luck Karen...by now you should either out of surgery or close to it! Looking forward to hearing how it all went...prayers with you!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

It is what it is

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 12:45:36 am »
Well, I now join the group as a postie.  It is great to be on this side.  My tumor decided to be sticky as it attached to the facial nerve so they weren't able to remove it all.  I think I'm on the other side of vomiting and am thankful for my family members who flew out to California to be with me.  The HEI doctors were great and St. Vincent staff are all phenomenal!!!   

A 17 year old had surgery the same day so we will both be
included in the Magic Scarf journal since we were able to take his picture. Are their other teens on this list?  It sure puts things in perspective for those of us who are older. 

Thank you all for your kindness and support and let me know who to send the journal to next. 

Karen 

volleymom

• had pressure on my Pons
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:04 am »
So glad to hear from you Karen.  You appear to be typing well.  I remember how hard it was to make my first post look like I could type. 
Will be waiting for more news later.

Kathy :D
9mm X 16mm diagonsed in August 2009.  Retrosigmoid Nov, 2009 at OHSU in Portland, OR.
post-op had some facial nerve weakness, nearly resolved. Mild tinnitus. Left sided deafness.