Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 779255 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1785 on: March 25, 2007, 07:09:06 am »
With da Capt'n up and about and Dr Luuurrrrrrrrvvvvvveeeeeeee bo-legged, the good ship PBW creeks and crawls its way from anchor, slowly but surely, fully laden with all da treasures a pirate could want. Plenty of chocolate and loads a rum.

Captain Deb, standing on her head squarks to the crew "all hands on deck". the disabled bodied crew respond as they know how, by hitting the stores supply and going for the chocolate.

The Captain is furious, but decides, what da heck, I'll join 'em.

Meanwhile, the good ship PBW has got into a breakneck speed of 1 knot, 2 knots, 10 kinots, 30 knots and is rocketing through the waves. The crew, well they are so immersed in their treasure cove of chocolate, they are oblivious to what has happenned to the good ship PBW.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode, - will Captain Deb decide to stop standing on her head? will the ship run out of chocolate? where is the good ship heading to? stay tuned

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kilroy1976

« Reply #1786 on: April 05, 2007, 03:45:41 pm »
Hi crew. I've only been coming to the board every week or so lately, and, with all due respect to the "Good Morning" thread, I notice that nobody is posting any "real" questions or comments. Have we posted all of the info there is, or did they find a cure?
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1787 on: April 06, 2007, 11:43:39 am »
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kilroy--

The only cure fer what ails us lot be a sail through crystal clear blue waters, a little dancin' to de jam band, a few Pina Coladas (or some grog if the blender wears out) a few Greek gods or goddesses, and a small amount of really good chocolate!!!!!

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #1788 on: April 08, 2007, 10:58:28 am »
If there is a cure, why wasn't I notified?  >:(

dang it!

Phyl

(Great to see you, Capt'n, up and about..... do we turn the ship wheel's back over to you or is the ship's Doc still keeping you in sick bay? :-*)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #1789 on: April 09, 2007, 05:08:40 am »
 ::)A cure?  Who found a cure for all that "ales" us?  I think I had too much of the bunny's chocolate ear.  Or maybe it was the TimTams.  The blue waters and sandy beaches are calling us.  Where are we off to?  We all need a break from the headahes, the dizziness, the falls and the "bad" 'tudes!  Did I read someone dared not read this thread from the beginning?????  How horrid!!  Walk the plank!!
It's a best seller.  It needs to be published.........................

I'm going back to the bunny ear and the purple peeps,
Brendalu Wench
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1790 on: April 09, 2007, 04:44:03 pm »
Ahoy you felloow headache sufferers. On our local down under 60 minutes program on the weekend, there was a report on a new breakthrough headache treatment. It was tried on Symantha perkins (kerry perkins wife). kerry perkins was a recent swimming gold medalist for our sunburnt country. Anyway, apparantly, she suffers migraines for 20 years (no AN) but every time she had a baby, the hormone levels increased causing more migraines. Anyway, the guts of the story is that there is a quack, whoops, doctyor here who is head of a major hospitals pain management clinic who has devised this impant that is attached to the brain that has resolved all of Symantha's migraines completely.

I will find out a bit more about it over the coming days and will also try and book myself in to see him.

Until then all scalleys and wenches, we turns the ship around an we be sailing fer da Royal North Shore Hospital in downtown Sydney in search for the holy grail of headache cures.

Stay tuned fer more detail

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Brendalu

« Reply #1791 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:35 am »
Laz,
Even thou I have a zipper in me head, I don't think I want anyone else poking around in it.  Ar ya sure it has ta be an implant????????????????????
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1792 on: April 10, 2007, 04:16:40 pm »
hey brendalu,

Unfortunately yes. It looked like the implant wasn't moving when they put it in so no fear of becoming a Klingon!!

It's about a 4 month wait to get to see this guy so must have patience. By the way, I'm with you kid. I'm not sure I want anyone else delving into the head again after my last experience. I think you stay awake during this procedure too.

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Brendalu

« Reply #1793 on: April 11, 2007, 04:01:23 am »
 ::) Wellllllllllllllllll nowwwwwwwwwww, since I sleep through almost everything these days.......... I'll not be getting that thingy done.  I am not near brave enough.  Sure am anxiuos to hear the results though....
Are they really long term or just another quick fix and then there is something else someone else wants to try.  Ouch!  I'm doin the Imitrex shots and they only take the edge off.  I'd be willing to try something else but opening my head up again just isn't one of 'em.
Maybe some of these docs need to experience these headaches and then maybe........................  We can dream can't we??????
Where is this ship headed now? 
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1794 on: April 12, 2007, 03:08:57 pm »
I'm sitting here today wishing for them implants right now---NO not THOSE implants--thet one Laz be talkin about. Had a real brainbuster yesterday after driving to the doc, the car dealership, and ye olde apothecary fer me drugs. A toss-up between finding a place to shoot up or just getting the heck HOME! I ran outta me cough med and the telephone answering gal sez  "no refill--gotta come in--it's our policy." Turns out that particular med is enjoyed by some folks a little too much these days.

Anyway, I saw a similar program a few years ago and Dr. Love wanted to have one installed in me head immediately. The daily brainwrecks tapered off to weekly brainwrecks pretty soon after that, however and then I found the headache Wizard who's got 'em down to bi-weekly pretty much and not as intense--like Brendalu sez--the Imitrex shots take the edge off.

Geesh--I need a virgin Pina Colada and a BEACH!!!!!!

Later,ye scallies,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1795 on: April 19, 2007, 02:16:21 pm »
Wow, I take some time off, due to my computer troubles and such, and find out the headache fairy has been super busy, everyone is passed out on chocolate and the Goode Ship PBW is flying over the waves like a torpedo. 

Anybody got a MAC computer?  We have been thinking about changing.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my info from one computer to another without losing anything. NATE, ya scurvy dog, where are ya??  My Windows 95 doesn't like the flash drive I bought. So I have to take that back.  Bummer.

Sue
Hanging on by my fingernails  in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #1796 on: April 19, 2007, 02:38:44 pm »
*runs in, sees Vancouver Sue and.....*

{{{{{{TIGHT HUGGLES}}}}}}
*runs back out*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1797 on: April 23, 2007, 06:07:03 pm »
Hey Sue,

Times ya moved on fropm win 95. As for Macs - well, depends on what ya wanty tio use it fer. They are a bit dearer than PC's. If it be purely surfin and the odd document then go fer p.c. if ye wantin to be a real geek and hook up wif'em ipod and itunes and i this and i that, then go der da fruit machine. It's also better fer graphics and stauff but yer gots to be prepared to pay fer da software which don't come cheap.

As for the implant, Its about a 4 month waiting list to get to see da pain management quack. Lotsa neurontin here i come.

Must get them oars out fer da boat and start movin dis ship when all da crew gets outa da sick bay.

Who be da ships surgeon - a drunk he/she must be. Thats what all da pirate ships have - a drunk surgeon. Actually, I would have preferred a drunk surgeon work on me rather than the %$%^$&^$R one that did my op!!!!

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Survival Nate

• TravAddic
« Reply #1798 on: April 24, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »
Sorry I have been offline been workin to much, workin a Xerox contract and those printers wont stop breaking lol
boy do i have alot to catch up on
at age 21yo
AN 5.05cm removed Feb 2005
Gamma Knifed July 2005
at age 31yo
AN regrowth @ 1.5cm - 2014
Pituitary Gland tumor 2mm
https://www.travaddic.com/

Brendalu

« Reply #1799 on: April 25, 2007, 03:29:09 am »
Welcome back, Nate!  We have missed you!!  Glad to hear it was work related.  Are you still in KC?  We've missed the neat stuff and all of the computer knowledge. 

Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT