Author Topic: For the NE Forum Brunch gang -- sad news.......  (Read 3381 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
For the NE Forum Brunch gang -- sad news.......
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:20:27 am »
Hi all

In phoning Maxwell's to cancel the Oct 17th brunch, sad news was alerted to me.  I was informed that our favorite Brit Brunch host-with-the-most, Bill, suffered a severe stroke recently and is now in a nursing home. I'm in communications with the restaurant to try to find out which home he is in (said to be down towards Cape Cod).  I spoke to Jane and we discussed sending a card from his favorite "Brunch Bunch" with good thoughts. 

Wanted to let you all know and hoping you keep Bill in thoughts and prayers. He's been soooooo good to us over the years in helping us coordinate our brunches, to help make sure we have a very enjoyable time.... has witnessed us grow in numbers and as Jane put it, is truly a "gentle-man".

Just wanted to let you know. 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lizard

Re: For the NE Forum Brunch gang -- sad news.......
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:47:03 am »
Oh no poor Bill, he's such a sweet man. 
Thanks for the info.
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:10:59 am »
Thanks Liz..... I received a phone call from Gil (our favorite "Brazilian Nut" who hand makes our apple dumplin's for us) and he told me he will be seeing Bill on Monday (I now have the nursing home/rehab info-address) and he will be sending our wishes to Bill when he sees him. Bill's communications skills are in place as he has been "barking" requests to Gil (Gil noted that if he's barking requests, he certainly is our fave Bill!) but is confined to a wheelchair (hopefully for now) and is having PT 3x/week to help.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MLB57

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 07:47:44 am »
 :o Hi Phyl,

So shocked and saddened to hear of Bill's stroke... Even though we all know better we somehow think life will continue and that gentle man will always be there to greet us...

Hopefully we will see him in the Spring as it sounds like he is recovering...  ;D

Best always,

Mary (aka Grammy/Mary)
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

elliemae

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 08:08:23 am »
Oh, sorry to hear this news!  Add my wishes for Bill's complete recovery - and hope that we'll see him in the spring!
Elaine

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 07:47:06 pm »
I just read this.  My thoughts are with Bill and his family. 

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 02:13:14 pm »
Hi all

I have put a card in the mail to Bill, with all of our thoughts and wishes (Signed from the ANA "Apple Dumplin' Gang"), in the hopes it helps to lift his spirits, helps him out of the wheelchair and helps him get back to work........  :)  Gil, from my understanding, did not get to see him this past Monday but will also keep us updated on how he's doing.

Phyl