Author Topic: Posting picture  (Read 2149 times)

Sheryl

Posting picture
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:30:57 pm »
Hi - not sure this forum is the place to ask but --- I followed the directions for posting my picture and all I'm seeing is an empty box with a little red "x" in the upper left hand corner.  I right clicked on "show picture" and still nothing.  I also see this on a few other photos.  Where did I go wrong?  I went through Photobucket.
Thanks,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Posting picture
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:45:54 am »
Best person to give you advice on this - as far as I recall - is Steve Gerrard (sgerrard).  He's not on the Forum as much as he used to be, but maybe if you PM him he can give you some advice.

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 05:44:22 pm »
Sheryl,

You put the "img" markups around the URL of your image. This is an easy mistake, since you need those if you are putting a picture in a post. However, you don't need them (and can't have them) when you are putting a URL in your forum profile under "I have my own pic".

So, to put a picture in a post, I would enter
Code: [Select]
[img]http://stevegerrard.home.comcast.net/me-hat-3.JPG[/img]

But to put one in my profile, I would just enter
Code: [Select]
http://stevegerrard.home.comcast.net/me-hat-3.JPG

By the way, I would crop that picture close to a square if you are going to use it for your profile. Otherwise it will get sqeezed up.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Sheryl

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:38:58 pm »
Hi - thanks for the reply.  Still have not had luck - could be because with computers and abbreviations (IMG, JPG, HTML) I'm lost.  Hopefully I'll just stumble upon it.
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W