Author Topic: Just when I was relaxing .....  (Read 58777 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Just when I was relaxing .....
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »
Thanks, all of you .....

Really feel at peace with all of this ..... but I'm still not sleeping very well so my subconscious thinking is most likely in overload mode.  In a way I wish we were flying out to California tomorrow instead of 4 weeks from now ...... patiently waiting is NOT a strength of mine for much of anything.   ::)  However, I do have much to do between now and then, so ........

I jokingly told my husband last week ...... since we have a month's notice now, there is time to clean out the garage!  He did not find it amusing .....   :o

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

kenneth_k

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:15 pm »
Hi Clarice.

I wish you luck with surgery. Sounds like that you are in the best of hands.

Kenneth

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2011, 03:06:00 am »
Thanks, all of you .....

Really feel at peace with all of this ..... but I'm still not sleeping very well so my subconscious thinking is most likely in overload mode.  so ........

Clarice

I just wrote this to Marianna on the other thread - have you tried camomile tea?  I've been having it before bed for the past few months now and it seems to have been working.  I sleep well and don't roll over as much during the night.

Regards,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 05:03:19 am »
Thanks for the reminder about camomile tea, Suu.  Used to do that when I was still working full-time and had trouble shutting my brain off at night sometimes.  Just thought ..... I used to drink hot milk with honey in it sometimes also.  I actually slept better last night so that is good!

Clarice

ombrerose4

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 11:02:37 am »
Hi Clarice,

I just wanted to let you know you and your husband are in my thoughts. I hope he is feeling better. It was good to hear that you made your decision and I know you will be in good hands at HEI. Waiting around till the date gets near can be an anxious time, so try to keep busy with family and friends. Most of all just want to wish you an easy surgery with a speedy recovery :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Jackie

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 11:55:04 am »
Dearest Clarice,

So glad your decision is made and that you are going to HEI. Your experience there I am sure will be wonderful, as all who have been before you!
You're fortunate to be in thae position of choosing them for your surgery. I'll be praying for you, knowing full well that you're in the best of care.
Hope your hubby is doing better, when all this is over, treat yourselves big time!
Keeping you in my heart and thoughts,
Jackie

9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:17 pm »
It's funny ...... but yesterday our minister jokingly said to us after church "When you both are finally all fixed up, what are you going to do?"  My response was "Be very bored, but that kind of boredom I can handle."  We really had planned on traveling in our retirement, not spending it in hospitals ...... so next thing up is the Symposium in Cincinnati in June, Colorado Springs in July, and northern Wisconsin in August.  If we manage all of those things OK, hopefully we can venture a bit farther from home.  Yes, we plan on treating ourselves big time!!   ;D

Thanks, Jackie.

Clarice

Mei Mei

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 01:45:22 pm »
Good plans!   Heal well and get going to far off lovely places!
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 07:18:55 pm »
God's peace and strength be with you both!  My thoughts and prayers are with you, that God will bless you with all you need.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 06:27:26 am »
Thanks!  You know, it may be weird, but I am strangely calm about all of this.  Although in my heart and mind, I know it is from all of the prayers being said ..... much better and safer than tranquilizers!   :)  Just would like to have it over and done with so I can move to the recovery phase and get on with my life.

This forum has been such a source of strength and friendship with so many of you I have not met ..... and yet I feel like I know you all because we have this tremendous bond of not needing to explain how we feel ..... we all know!

Thank you, ANA, for providing this wonderful resource!

Clarice

cindyj

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 12:48:38 pm »
You will be in very good hands out there...yes, I'm a bit partial to Drs Friedman and Schwartz ;) Hoping it all goes very smoothly for you and that you can put this AN problem behind you once and for all!

Let me know if you have any questions about the LA experience  8)

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Mei Mei

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »
I'm partial to them too and never met them.   Dr. Friedman wrote me a note and said see you in Cincinnati.    What a special doctor.   You are in good hands.   We are determined to put this episode behind us but not the wonderful Friends we've met along the way.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 01:57:56 pm »
Clarice ~

Like you, I felt quite calm just prior to my AN surgery and for the same reason.  Also like you, I was anxious to get past it and return to my 'normal' life.  I pray that your surgery goes smoothly, without complications, and that the doctors can remove the entire tumor.  I 'm confident you'll do great and we'll be thinking of and praying for you, as you know.  Your contributions to these forums are very much appreciated, Clarice, and we look forward to seeing more of them in the future.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 02:03:12 pm »
Clarice,

You will definitely be in great hands at House! The entire experience -- Seton Hall, St. Vincent's, all the medical staff -- is still quite vivid in my mind even though I was there a little over three years ago. These folks know what they're doing and they do it well. I still marvel at the fact that even though they have it down to a science, I never felt as though I was one of a zillion patients -- it all felt very personalized and focused. I hope you'll have a wonderful experience there.

Catherine (JerseyGirl2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »
Thank you all.  Sometimes I mull over the "what ifs," but I still come around to knowing and believing that things happen for a prescribed reason.  One "what if" is what if I had gone to House for my first surgery three years ago and then I know and fully realize that the ultimate outcome of regrowth could surely have happened anyway.

Dr. Friedman at House is incredible.  He calls or emails me, just to check on me and make sure all is in order, questions answered, etc.  Unheard of by me anywhere else ..... well, except for our primary care doc, who calls to check on us.  Dr. Friedman is one of the reasons I am so at peace with this whole thing.  I know he cares and is making sure everything goes well.

..... but the reassurances of those of you who have walked this path is also what is easing the load so I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Clarice