Author Topic: Musician's plug  (Read 5494 times)

jerseygirl

Re: Musician's plug
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 05:24:18 pm »
Thanks so much, Karen.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 01:10:41 pm »
For anyone who has trouble hearing people's voices on TV or DVDs, the Dialouge speaker I found is such a blessing. I bought it from www.firststreetonline.com  and it is called The Original Dialouge Speaker. It costs $99. and worth every buck! We can turn the TV way down now. It amplifies only human voices and separates them from background music etc.

My audiologist is the one who "made" the musician's plugs for me. They are very comfortable. She said they don't know a lot about tinnitus, but suspect that if we can keep sound waves from hammering on our ear drums (even on my deaf side) it could reduce tinnitus. I think they are right:-)

Blessings all, Yvette

3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

TransEarXpert

• TransEar details
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 02:05:37 pm »
A good source for information is westone.com. They are a major supplier of products to the audiology community, and the available options are many. The "Occupational Use" tab is a good start. I just returned from a trade show, and TransEar was right next to Westone. The Manager of the Earmold department was an exhibitor, so I got a nice education from him. I don't think they deal direct with the end user, and their products are not cheap. In this case, I think you probably get what you pay for.

Rick

Static

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »
Rick,
Thanks so much for that link.  That's the kind that I have, a Westone.  I looked at the site and found mine too, it's under  motosports, No. 40.  Now I have no idea how my audiologist decided which one I needed, but I did tell him that I would be around loud noises like a marching band, so I guess that's where he came up with it.
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

mudpuppy

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 01:08:26 pm »
We've noticed that my wife does much better (less tinnitus, less headaches) when she blocks sound going to her deaf ear.  We'll have to look into these plugs.

Just this week, we started experimenting with noise cancellation headphones.  We've looked at the Phillips, and the Panasonic HC500.  The Panasonic is really good at filtering out sound.  You don't have to plug it into anything and the cord is detachable.  What we've noticed so far is that wearing it while watching TV tends to make hearing the voices much easier.  It's also helped out quite a bit for longer car rides - really cuts down on engine and wind noise.  Downside is that the headphones are over the ear, and can get a bit toasty.

matti

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 08:35:18 pm »
I've had my musician's ear plug for almost 2 years and have different db filter sizes that I use. I attend rock concerts quite often and the plug has been a lifesaver.  In my case the foam plugs distorted sound, the Musician's plug does not.

What is nice to see is the majority of people sitting around me at concerts are now wearing musician's plugs.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

marg

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 12:57:02 am »
For anyone who has trouble hearing people's voices on TV or DVDs, the Dialouge speaker I found is such a blessing. I bought it from www.firststreetonline.com  and it is called The Original Dialouge Speaker. It costs $99. and worth every buck! We can turn the TV way down now. It amplifies only human voices and separates them from background music etc.
Blessings all, Yvette

Thanks Yvette,   I think I will get one of those..... it sure would help make TV listening less stressful.
marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !