Author Topic: Neck twitches? *scratches head*  (Read 2468 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Neck twitches? *scratches head*
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:04:36 pm »
Hey again everyone!  Okay, I've gone on and on ad infinitum about the facial twitches I've had in the past.  They seemed to follow a pattern of twitch (and annoy the tar out of me) for a couple of weeks, then stop, followed by my noticing more strength in the facial muscles on that side, then a brief period of nothing.. start process over again.

Well, it seems that I now have neck twitches now on the AN side.  They don't hurt, but are annoying the tar out of me again.  At times, it's almost like a spasm over and over.. The other night, it was going nuts so bad that I couldn't sleep.

So, my questions..

1.  Anyone else have these?
2.  Are they "normal" ? (I know "normal" is relative for all of us; especially Jan.  :)  )
3.  Do they subside / go away after some time?

I've seen others who have facial twitches, so I knew it was "normal" but I haven't seen any posts regarding neck / lower jaw like twitches.

Someone please tell me that I'm not going crazy (any more than usual).  :)

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Neck twitches? *scratches head*
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:01:03 pm »
(I know "normal" is relative for all of us; especially Jan.  :) )

Hey  ???  I resemble that remark!  What, Ernie hasn't been around to pick on me, so you took over  ???   :D

I never had neck twitches - facial twitches either - so I really can't say what's normal and what's not normal.

But then again, in the world of ANs, it seems like anything goes.

I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it, Pooter.  Pun intended  ;)

Kisses  :-*

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:57:30 pm »
Yup, Ernie and I tag team that quest. ;). Overall it seems like a good thing. I just want confirmation from those that REALLY know that it is.

Ask Lori and Anne-marie about their faulty halos. :)

Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:31:25 pm »
Brian,

You bugger, jealous are we!!   ::)

Now back on topic, my face twitches, my nose twitches, my eye twitches, my neck twitches and it ALL bugs the "tar" out of me.  All joking aside when my neck start to twitch it can start my muscles to spasm.  I must tense up or something.  When my eye starts to twitch nine times out of ten I end up with a headache.  Same with my face twitching, it can led to facial pain.   

I'm all twitched out......

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

cin605

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »
I have  had the twitching spasms for i would say about 6 months,i had mri/x-ray of neck and it acually showed the muscle spasms.
I have not found any cure yet when n if they subside i will post.i am doing chiro,physical therapy vest. rehab and massage.
Muscle relaxers do nothing.I am also getting creery crawlers down left shoulder.Wierd sstuff here.Right now my lympnodes in the left have been swollen for 3 weeks from earlobe to mid throat...ear is clicking up a storm.This is on the oposit side of AN.
I see all the doc's at Dartmouth for 1 yr follow up n mri on Monday.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

TP

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:24 am »
I get neck spasms and it is painful for a short period of time. My paralysis on my face bothers me too. Later in the day it is more painful. My eye twitching happens every couple of days. I find all of this is worse when I work too long or have lack of sleep. I rarely get headaches but if I feel one is coming on I take two 500 mg of extra strength Bayer aspirin and it does the trick. I swear by that drug! 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:22:59 pm »
*whew*  At least I'm in good company...  I was about to start calling myself twitch there for a second. ;)

Brian