Author Topic: Just joined  (Read 5467 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Just joined
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:20 pm »
Hi, Michael:

As occasionally happens, I somehow managed to completely miss your original post.  I offer my apologies and a belated welcome to the website and the forums, and I thank you for posting.

Indeed, your surgical/hospital experience was horrendous; a CSF leak, the subsequent belly fat graft surgery, meningitis, MRSA, but at least you survived it and are on the mend, as it were, proving that even the toughest post-op complications can be surmounted.  You have my respect and appreciation for sharing your AN experience and my hopes and prayers for continued recovery and a return to normalcy.  Please consider us your friends and visit the forums as often as you deem necessary.  We do understand your situation and want to offer our collective support.

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

moe

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 08:49:37 am »
Hi Michael,
I've also just joined. It is so refreshing to finally find people who have been through what I've been through and worse (bad for you-good for me, because it puts my problems into perspective). Probably my most annoying symptom is the high pitched screamy tinnitus in the deaf left ear. It affects everything. I have facial paralysis, had the nerve surgery (12/7 nerve transposition) one year ago and am not seeing great results. Some result, but of course not up to my standard. I just want to smile, is that too much to ask??? ;D My sis lives in UK.
Would love to chat more.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

MichaelUK

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 02:36:48 pm »
Thanks for all the nice welcome's! doing well..And me all i want to do is smile ;D ;D

Richard in Palacios

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »
Michael,
Just reading your last post makes me believe you are smiling.  You made me stop and think about how very many ways we can and do "smile" without using our mouth.  I've seen laughing eyes, an obviously happy step, bounce or jump, and many others that I won't list.  The point being, your tone was smiling for me and I'm sure that attitude is smiling though to any around you.  It's been almost a month since wqe heard from you.  How ae you doing?

Richard
Was AKA "RED in Palacios". That account now inactive. Originally diagnosed in 10/06 9mm X 3.6mm Waiting and watching.
As of 4/08 15mm X 6mm.  No longer waiting and watching.  Had SRS 6/10/08 at Methodist Hospital in Houston

MichaelUK

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 12:27:23 pm »
I'm doing great start my new job tomorrow 8th april after 1year 7month on the sick..i was a carpet fitter for 18 years but had to stop that kind of work..but start a seasonal job at Newcastle International Airport..fingers crossed...

calimama

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »
Hey Michael...

Welcome...
I will reply to your PM on double vision shortly!

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 02:27:35 pm »
michael thanks great what sort of work will you be doing? take care and let us know how you get on.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06