Author Topic: And the hits keep on coming...  (Read 5318 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: And the hits keep on coming...
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 07:50:46 pm »
Brian, sorry to hear you are in the path of the hurricane, but happy to hear the job situation may be resolving.

As a fellow facial paralysis patient, I am really happy to read that yours has nearly resolved in . . . five months? Outstanding. When did you first see movement?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:59 pm »
Pooter -

sorry to hear about all the "rain" in your life - no pun intended.  But the job front sounds somewhat promising.  And the MUCH better physical things sounds wonderful.

You've been through a lot, but you're tough and you'll continue to get through the "not so good days".

Hang tough and know we're pulling for you.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:48 pm »
As a fellow facial paralysis patient, I am really happy to read that yours has nearly resolved in . . . five months? Outstanding. When did you first see movement?

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes.  We are weathering the storm.  We actually just started seeing some sprinkles.  The wind has steadily gotten stronger this evening, but just got some sprinkles. Luckily, the family is sleeping so I'm left to watch the storm and what it brings.

Sara, to answer you, I saw the first twinge of movement at 2-3 weeks.  It has steadily gotten stronger since then.  I've only recently felt that it was close to being "normal" again.  I still have my moments when I seem to slur my speech more than usual.  Surgery was on 5/8 so I just past 4 months.  Heck of a way to celebrate that with the strongest storm to hit Texas in years, eh? ;)

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 09:48:27 am »
OH, my Pooter! When it rains, it pours (sorry for the pun during Ike)..... you KNOW I'm sending the hugglez... and wishing I could do more.    Like you, I've been slammed with physical whoas continuous for the past 7 years... new funky diagnoses for multiple ailments at least 1-2x/yr... It takes its toll on you (as you know, for all you are enduring)... sending you mental strength to help you get through it... hang tough... know I'm thinking of you... and you can do it!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 11:25:52 am »
Hi Brian,
Sorry I'm late coming to this thread.  I hope you and your family and friends are safe and sound.  Ike has dealt a devastating blow and I am very concerned about you.  Please let us know as soon as possible that you are okay.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 04:38:31 pm »
Brian - wondering how you and Jen and the kids weathered the storm.  After I got your email Friday, I was watching all the news reports and it seems like some areas in Houston really got slammed.  Hopefully you are all okay and have power!

Post when you can...

Debbi, sending dry air your way
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »
Debbi -

We are definitely one of the lucky ones.  We had minimal shingle damage and a few fece posts, but beyond that we've had power since Saturday morning and clean running water for about as long.  J's parents have been without power since Friday night.  We survived and weather'd it great.  Now, I'm dreading when my fuel needs replenishing.

Talk soon..

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

wendysig

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 08:05:42 am »
Brian,
Glad to hear you are all okay and the house sustained minimal damange.  From what I've seen on the news and in the paper you have been extremely lucky and I hope that luck continues.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!