Author Topic: Almost 10 month MRI  (Read 2535 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Almost 10 month MRI
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:15:44 pm »
Hi All,

Today I had a follow up MRI.  It's about 9 1/2 mos since my GK last April 18th.  Of course, I don't have any idea what the MRI looks like until I see my doctor on the 22nd.  I asked for pictures of my MRI and they gladly gave me a CD - which my computer won't open.  Probably because it's seven years old.  Do you suppose it would work on a newer computer?  Bummer.  Wanted to see me wee brain.  I did wear my black pirate socks, which greatly amused the tech guy.  He wanted to know my pirate name, which I couldn't remember when we did that pirate name generator thing...so I just said I was one of the wenches.  He laughed at that, too.  Probably thought...wow, another nut job in for an MRI. ;D

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Almost 10 month MRI
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:04:44 pm »
Hi Brucifer;

Thanks for the tip.  There is a library close to me.  I'm not anxious, per se, more curious I guess.  I figure there are only three things that could happen.  Either (1) it looks the same as last time [bummer], (2) it's bigger than last time because it's still upset with us, or (3), it has that wonderful black hole in the middle and it's starting it's death throes [oh, joy].  So, door number one, two, or three?   I won't know which door until I see Dr. Modha on the 22nd. And looking at the CD myself might not change anything, because I'm not so sure I would know what I was looking at exactly. 

I would just like to get my $2100.00 worth out of that MRI.  I could have had a nice vacation in Hawaii, for that amount of money.  By the way, saw on the news that today several people were inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame. One was for the MRI!  How's that for coincidence?

8 inventors picked to join Hall of Fame

By NATASHA T. METZLER
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

WASHINGTON -- Inventors of the MRI, the Ethernet, the LP record and a popular weedkiller are among 18 people picked for induction into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.

The 2007 class of inductees, announced Thursday, join luminaries such as Thomas Edison, Velcro inventor George de Mestral and Charles Goodyear, developer of vulcanized rubber.

"Some of these inventors ... have literally changed the way we live our lives," said Rini Paiva, spokeswoman for the National Inventors Hall of Fame Foundation. But, she added, "They are not household names."

Among the latest inductees and their inventions are:

-Paul C. Lauterbur, for the MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging.
Sue in Vancouver

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:16:04 pm »
Hey Sue: Completely sympathize with the whole MRI expense! AYAYAYAY.  I love it that you refer to your tumor as "it's still upset with us"! DANG RIGHT it's upset! We just busted the party.  (I've been making the analogy to people that my tumor is like a group of teenagers throwing a kegger while the parents are out of town and when doing radiation, it will take a while for them to pass out from all the beer they have been drinking).. Not sure if this is really an effective representation but I'm still in practice mode.

However, I think it's great that you are getting to be an expert at reading MRI's.  All my guys here have told me that this a long death process for my tumor- 3-5 years. Not sure if will apply to you or not but offering it as my tidbit of information.

Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 12:34:52 am »
Hi Annie

Love your analogy..  Yep, the rogue teens have been nuked.  I hope.  Well, I know they have, I just hope they don't linger. 

It's hard to have patience with this.  But, maybe that's the lesson here.  Must be some dumb reason I got this idiot thing. 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 06:01:32 pm »
I couldn't open mine either, I think it requires software that is supposed to be on the CD but wasn't. So I got a copy of the radiologist's writTen report, but that was vague also. I finally got a definite answer 3 weeks later when the folks at House finally contacted my local neuro. I hated the wait. Not having had radiation, I bet the wait is even more frustrating to those waiting to se if their tumors are croaking or at least behaving themselves (the tumors I mean. We know some of us never behave ourselves!)

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW