Author Topic: New postie - retrosig  (Read 2320 times)

Cruzinpa

New postie - retrosig
« on: January 28, 2017, 08:11:16 pm »
Hi everyone! I am a 34-yr-old single mom diagnosed with 4cm AN in Oct 2016. Everyone on this forum has been a secret best friend to me. I've spent hours and hours reading everyone's experiences. Finally had my surgery on January 20. Upon waking up, my face on opposite side of surgery started swelling and wouldn't stop. I was put on a breathing tube for the first 2 days but it was quickly removed as swelling went down. My surgeon says he's only seen about 3 documented cases of this side effect. Currently in therapy program but hope to be home in a week or so. This forum has been so helpful I don't know how I would have coped with this diagnosis without it. Still not in the clear as I'm scheduled to follow up with radiation in about 6 months. Everyone's experience really is diff and I'm so grateful for all of you.

researcher

Re: New postie - retrosig
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:06:22 pm »
Good luck to you! This journey has many bumps in the road. I hope your road becomes much smoother. You do have a great attitude and that's very helpful.

Take care,
Researcher

ccooper

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:09:45 pm »
I'm a 39 yr old mom treated with retrosig in 2016. I couldn't agree more that this forum was and still is such an important resource to me. Glad to hear you are moving on from your difficulties. Kids are the best recovery. Stay strong. Smile and laugh with them. No better emotional therapy!
37 yr old female
3.4x3x2.6
Retrosigmoid February 2016 at UC Health
Oops they forgot to tell me tumor was left behind
Doubled in size
Re-do Retrosigmoid at House July 2016
SSD, Facial Paralysis but almost recovered

Cruzinpa

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:59:30 am »
Thank you to both of you. I've still got so far to go but am grateful to be where I am. I know all experiences are diff but just reading that everyone on this forum has been through it has been one of the only comforts.
Also, thought I posted this in the "post-treatment" thread. Still learning how to use this forum from my phone ha.