Author Topic: memory lapse??  (Read 2060 times)

am2lady

memory lapse??
« on: April 06, 2014, 10:53:56 am »
So...this is the 2nd time that this has happened to me. I had a problem yesterday remember what the code was to shut off our house alarm. When I got home yesterday, my son said the alarm is "1.2.3.4, right" (he was joking) but as soon as he said that, I completely forgot what our alarm code was to shut off the alarm!! I had to call my husband and ask him for the code. I really couldn't remember it. I tried every combination possible. It happened to me before a month ago. I came into the house, and I couldn't remember our code.

Has anyone else encountered this? Maybe I just had 2 fluke moments of memory lapse.

My AN is 1.9cm as of last May 2013.
MRI showed - 1.9cm x 1.9cm x 0.9cm AN - as of 5/11/13
MRI showed - 20.5mm AP x17mm  transverse x 20.7mm - 5/8/14

iz2014

Re: memory lapse??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 04:27:27 pm »
This happens to me all the time. My husband and family always tell me it's due to tiredness/stress/trying to do too many things at once... and my mother always tells me it's the exhaustion of motherhood! All could be true. And when you know you have an AN it's easy to worry it's connected. I always think that if you're really worried then give your doctor a call or visit. Try not to over worry, even if it's unusual for yourself to forget things. But get it checked out if you feel you should, it's always better to talk to a doctor  ;) Hope that helps a little.

Hokiegal

Re: memory lapse??
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »
It's happening to me, so much so that I did see my neurologist, who ordered a full battery of neuropsychological testing.  I get the results back later this week and I'm on pins and needles.  People tell me it's a normal part of aging, but I'm not even fifty yet.  And I KNOW it's affecting me at work.  But you're right, Iz, once you know about the AN, it's easy to imagine things are worse because of it.  So I'm hoping this testing will give me an objective measure, although without a pre-AN baseline, I'm not entirely sure what they base the results on.  Guess I'll find out more in a couple days.
3.0cm AN diagnosed 08/11, age 47
surgery 09/11, Dr. Patel (MUSC), 95% removed
SSD with tinnitus, right side facial paralysis, vision and balance issues
facial movement much improved, and still returning after 3yrs
"We are better than we think, and not quite what we want to be."  Nikki Giovanni