Author Topic: Lilan's hot date  (Read 27634 times)

Lilan

Re: Lilan's hot date
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 08:28:01 pm »
I am off in the morning to L.A. so will probably have only spotty Internet access after early tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much to everyone who has told their stories and followed mine! The forum is priceless. I feel so, so calm and it's because of all of you and the collected diary and cheerleading section we have here.

I'm optimistic yet terrified but will name and claim a great outcome now: Look for excellent news coming on Thursday night! Thank you to everyone who has kept me in their thoughts and prayers and please hold me there awhile longer!
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Keri

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2009, 09:10:52 pm »
Hi Lilan,
I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care - hopefully you can check in before your surgery on Thursday!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

moe

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 10:17:28 pm »
Safe travels and surgery too.
Will keep you in prayer all week.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Darlene

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 11:11:23 am »
Lilian,

The very best wishes, I know you will come through with flying colors, minimum side effects and a happy smile.   ( At least after those notorious first three days)

Blessings,
Darlene

DX: 12/6/08
1.4cm intracanicular -Middle Fossa Surgery on 7/1/09 @ NYU. Hearing preserved and speech discrimination has actually gotten better!!   Temporary Facial Paralysis- showing improvement.  1yr post-op hearing test- same 96% speech recognition- yeah!

heyct

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 08:55:32 pm »
Hi Lilan,

I'll be thinking & praying for you, my he-man buddy.

My docs told me this was a better scenario than having an AN.
Hoping it all goes well & speedy recovery. Looking forward to your posts post  ;D
Hugs,
Carolyn
Diagnosed 2/09
9 x 6mm
Translab Surgery: 5/20/09, Stanford..it was a Hemangioma!
Almost complete removal, will have to do update MRIs.
BAHA Ponto Pro 5/9/11

Lilan

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2009, 12:32:08 pm »
Well, I'm here on the Seton computer! It's very comfortable here -- must be, as I slept around 10 hours -- Nancy and David are wild partyers and they kept me out till all hours!  ;D

Seriously, it was like meeting celebs being with them, and seeing the fruit guy outside Seton who I'd heard about from Alicia! They are awesome. It was so nice to arrive to some friendly faces! Today is one more "play day" for me before my pre-op day. So far the worst thing has been trying to comb my hair out after the shampoo-only shower  ;D (conditioner and product banned for three days before surgery).

He-man! I love it! Thanks so much everyone for your good wishes -- I swear I can feel them! A nun stopped me in the hallway here yesterday and said, "So how is the patient you're here to see?" I said, "Well, I am the patient, but my surgery isn't till Thursday!" She said she would be praying for me -- so nice!

For future Seton visitors: Bringing the Starbucks Via (instant) was a great idea. Wish I had brought a stainless mug for coffee and water -- and pens! There are few pens around here (not a big deal to buy). Am also glad I brought extra flip-flops to use as shower shoes -- sanitary and good grip!

Hope to check in one more time before the big day! Have a good week everyone!

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Jeepers

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »
HEY! Now wait just a doggone minute, here   >:(    NO ONE mentioned ANYthing about not being able to use conditioner or product in your hair!!   ???  And for 3 DAYS pre-op   ???  ???

What kind of NONSENSE is THIS?

Is there anything else youse guys are not telling me?    ;D

Glad all is going well, Lilan   ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:00:43 pm by Jeepers »
Diagnosed 2003-right side-1cm AN
Wait and watch for 6 yrs; 2009 showed growth w/balance issues
Translab 7/9/09 - Drs. Battista/Kazan (Hinsdale IL); SSD
Recovering well!

cindyj

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2009, 02:11:57 pm »
Hey, Lilan!  Glad to know you arrived safely and have already been w/ David and Nancy - aren't they great!!!  You just keep them in your mind on days one, two, three, etc - you saw they made it through and you can too!

I had completely forgotten about the hair washing thing and that "special" soap/shampoo they give you for the night before...not good for long hair styles like mine...Don't worry, your hair will be plenty conditioned from not washing it soon enough...That first hair wash you'll get is divine!

I also got to speak w/ one of the St. Vincent nuns pre-op.  In fact, I was getting ready to be rolled to the pre-op spot for my new haircut and IV, when she stopped by - was a great comort to me...

Enjoy your day tomorrow...

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2009, 03:00:47 pm »
It all brings back memories.
All the Best Lilan,
Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2009, 09:22:08 pm »
Jeepers -

I think the "no conditioner, no product" rule must be exclusive to House (?)  I had no such restrictions pre-op.

Lilan -

good to hear from you.  Glad Nancy and David are treating you well - they seem to have a knack for doing that  ;)

We'll be thinking about you on Thursday.  Good luck!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jeepers

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 07:21:30 am »
Jeepers -

I think the "no conditioner, no product" rule must be exclusive to House (?)  I had no such restrictions pre-op.

THANK goodness!!   ;D

Recovering well!

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2009, 02:31:49 pm »
Hi Lilian,
Glad to hear from you and that you feel fine. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and I'm sure you'll be just fine   :)

All the best to you from Helene in Sweden   :)
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

moe

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2009, 11:47:27 pm »
Tomorrow's the day.
I'll be praying for a successful, uneventful surgery, Lilan.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

NL

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 02:02:45 am »
I had the pleasure of meeting Lilan this week and showing her a few local sights on her two-day, pre-surgery mini-vacation.

Monday, we took in some of the sights downtown has to offer, followed by dinner with LADavid at The Grove.

Lilan & David at The Grove, 6-8-09               Lilan & Nancy, 6-8-09

Then on Tuesday, the girls were on their own for the "mountains to the sea" leg of the tour (i.e., Hollywood Hills to Santa Monica).

(The little white dash on the hillside in the background below is better seen enlarged on the right.  :))

Lilan & Nancy in Griffith Park, 6-9-09              The Hollywood sign through the haze. (Not smog. ;))

I'm sure Lilan will have much more to share when this whole journey is behind her. But for now, I'll join you all in sending her lots of good vibes for her big day!

Lilan - I know you'll feel all the good thoughts and prayers headed your way on Thursday morning.  :)

Wishing you all the best - and looking forward to hearing from you as a postie soon! 

Nancy

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:26:35 pm by NL »
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Jeepers

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 04:42:58 am »
Hi Lilan!

Well, today's your big day. It's 5:30am here in Chicago and it's going to rain AGAIN ... I know how hard it is to be away during our lovely June summer weather - 57 degrees, overcast, and damp - HAH! The good news is you'll be back and able to recoup here just in time for the "90's at 10pm" temps  ;)

We're all thinking aboutcha, wishing you the best, and looking forward to your first updates!

Jeepers

Recovering well!