Author Topic: Lilan's hot date  (Read 27625 times)

Lilan

Re: Lilan's hot date
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 07:27:11 am »
Thanks! I fly out on Monday, with just enough time to get settled and visit with a couple members of the L.A. welcoming crew before pre-op day Wed and surgery Thu! Prayers and good thoughts all welcomed!  :)
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

sgerrard

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2009, 09:14:40 am »
Best wishes, Lilan. We will be monitoring you every day. :)

Jan, per recent discussions with mods, we ask that you start a new topic in Post Treatment for the actual updates on Lilan. We are going to try and get all treatment updates in one place.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 10:37:32 am »
Lilan ~

Have a good flight!  I'm sure the unofficial 'Los Angeles AN Welcoming Committee' will give you a warm reception and of course, you'll be the thoughts and prayers of many - especially next Thursday.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Lilan

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 11:13:15 am »
Thanks, Steve and Jim! You are all such a blessing! :) and the prayers are gratefully appreciated already!
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

moe

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 11:16:17 pm »
7 days and counting down.
Will keep you in  prayer as the days progress to next Thursday/
Best wishes in your travels to LA, Lilan.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2009, 11:24:07 pm »
Jan, per recent discussions with mods, we ask that you start a new topic in Post Treatment for the actual updates on Lilan. We are going to try and get all treatment updates in one place.

Will do, Steve.

Lilan - did you add my email address to your list yet? 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lilan

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:19 am »
Jan, you're on the list. When there's a new thread, can you include a link back to this one for any future surfers? I know when I came to the forum I really wanted to be able to follow someone's story through, and that might make it easier.

Now, a question: Does the surgery day count as part of the F3D? Or is the following day Day 1?  :D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2009, 06:40:16 am »
Jan, you're on the list. When there's a new thread, can you include a link back to this one for any future surfers?

Great idea.  I'll try my best to remember this  :)

IMO, Day 1 is the day of surgery - but Steve's the one who started this idea, so I'll defer to him.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

moe

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 10:35:28 am »
I think the first day of surgery counts, because normally, the surgery is started in the morning, and you are awake by the evening or late evening.
That first night sucks :'(
Then you have two more sucky days, so that makes 3.
Over before you know it! ???
Maureen
any sort of meds are in order to help you sleep through what you can, between being prodded/questioned/moving your face and mouth, etc  ;)
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Lilan

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2009, 02:57:22 pm »
I think the first day of surgery counts

That's what I was hoping to hear!  ;D

That means by Sunday perhaps things will be looking up.

Left work at 1 p.m. today -- it's so strange saying goodbye for something like this! Had a nice, long al fresco lunch with friends, then bought a Mojitea at Argo Tea to bring home (mojito version of iced tea  ;) ) I aimed to be done with all my actual work by end of yesterday so today would be smooth, and it was a good idea -- saying goodbye and doing a few last-minute housekeeping tasks at work took a good while.

I set my work e-mail up to move all incoming mail to the trash and delete it all every seven days (people will get a bounceback, so they know to contact someone else or resend in August) -- so NO e-mail pileup to come back to! So happy about that.  :D

sgerrard

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2009, 10:46:20 pm »

So what you are saying is that the day of surgery counts as one of the first three days that don't count.

Only in the devilishly convoluted world of AN could that make sense.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2009, 04:02:12 am »

Yes:-)  No matter what Sunday will look better than Saturday and Monday will look better than Sunday.....

addendum:  I should have said Friday will look better than Thursday and Saturday will look better than Friday.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:35:48 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Jeepers

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2009, 07:01:05 am »

Left work at 1 p.m. today -- it's so strange saying goodbye for something like this! Had a nice, long al fresco lunch with friends, then bought a Mojitea at Argo Tea to bring home (mojito version of iced tea  ;) ) I aimed to be done with all my actual work by end of yesterday so today would be smooth, and it was a good idea -- saying goodbye and doing a few last-minute housekeeping tasks at work took a good while.

I set my work e-mail up to move all incoming mail to the trash and delete it all every seven days (people will get a bounceback, so they know to contact someone else or resend in August) -- so NO e-mail pileup to come back to! So happy about that.  :D

Oh, Lilan!! I'm getting excited for you! Have you been restless these last few days? I imagine going into some sort of "power cleaning" mode to keep my mind distracted ... I guess that's ONE way to finally get my home office in order!  ;D
Diagnosed 2003-right side-1cm AN
Wait and watch for 6 yrs; 2009 showed growth w/balance issues
Translab 7/9/09 - Drs. Battista/Kazan (Hinsdale IL); SSD
Recovering well!

Lilan

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2009, 07:12:17 am »
I definitely have a sense of anticipation! And the weekend will fly, and next thing I know I'll be heading for the airport Monday morning! I feel strangely calm and I hope that continues. I really think I got the terror and tears out of my system last summer, and now knowing that in 15 days I'll be back home with my tormenter left behind in hazardous waste box  ;D  -- it's just very freeing.

Lilan

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2009, 04:52:58 pm »
So what you are saying is that the day of surgery counts as one of the first three days that don't count.
 ;D ;D ;D