Author Topic: an seems like a bad dream...  (Read 1918 times)

kaykay

an seems like a bad dream...
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:24:38 pm »
sometimes I wake up from it.....but then realize...oh ya, I did have surgery...I did have a brain tumor........I am not normal anymore. :(
boo.
well thought i would check in..... i had middle foscia 10/18/2010....I have my days where i feel fine, until I go into a store...work...or any place with lights and shiny floors or real crazy pattered carpet...... :( if im walking...I will have flashes of dizziness.
This year i started to have really bad dizzy and lightheaded spells..and the feeling the incision site was going to blow out the side of my head.....seemed to be triggered around storms. Doc keeps saying everything is normal....and should go away. tried claritin..that didnt do anything.
today is a good day..besides alittle dizziness that lasted about 20mins.....guess staring at 2 computer screens all day doesnt help...or being under flourescent lights...or having crazy carpet. yep, im at work. the most dreaded places.......
sorry for the little rant.....just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope all is well.
Im still hanging in there....one thing is for sure I am a fighter...and i dont allow myself to feel sorry for myself, or have the lights/carpet stop me from doing things i love to do...like shopping!....... 
just gotta keep pushing!
Kate

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: an seems like a bad dream...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »
Hi, Kate ~

I'm sorry to learn of your post-op difficulties but encouraged by your determination to surmount these obstacles and obtain a good quality of life.

Never feel a need to apologize for 'ranting' here.  That's what the forums are for (among other things).  If anyone understands your post-op frustrations, we do.  You're among friends, here.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.