Author Topic: This Week 10/4 in the AN World  (Read 4696 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 10/4 in the AN World
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:38:05 pm »
First we wanted to acknowledge an addition to last weeks AN Calendar.
Sam (SAM-AN2009) had her surgery on 9/22/09 and was finally able to go home from rehab last Saturday on the 3rd.
Sam it is good to read that your home.  With rehab behind you, and the comfort of your own bed, we are praying that you have a smooth recovery from this point forward.

This week we only have two days with events the others are open days.

Tuesday:
HAPPY ANNIVERSAY to Phyl (ppearl214) as she and her Bloke (her words) celebrate their wedding anniversary.  Congratulations!  Looking forward to seeing you again at Maxwell’s on the 25th for the ANA Brunch, along with the rest of The Apple Dumplin Gang.  We hope your Bloke does not have to work.

Marianna (mk) you will be in our thoughts and prayers that your 18 month MRI shows that the GK procedure has done it’s job.  Hopefully it will show some shrinkage.

Wednesday:
Melissa (Melissa778) best wishes on your BAHA surgery.  We’ll be praying that all goes smoothly.  You have been through a lot, now it is time for only good things.

And to those of you who have had your procedures, try to keep your spirits up.  Positive thinking does make a difference.  Good thoughts are sent your way for smooth recoveries.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 10/4 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 03:53:14 pm »
Thanks, Rich & Scarlett ~

Mega-congratulations to Phyl and 'the Bloke' on their wedding anniversary!  See you in 3 weeks!  

Thoughts and prayers will be going out for Melissa as she has her BAHA implant surgery - and for Marianna as she has her 18-month MRI.  May both have complete success!

May all our recovering AN patients, no matter how far along, continue to regain normality, physically and emotionally, as needed.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:05:08 am »
Marianna... good vibes, good vibes for your visit with the Tube o' Gloom!  I can't believe its 18 mos already and I'm sending the wellness wishes for continued good health.

Melissa, you're gonna do great! I know you've been following along and know it will all go great.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Many here that have been around a while know the journey the bloke and I have taken in our relationship (he logged on here from England with updates during my CK week, getting him permenantly into the USA was NOT fun and now we are referred to by all as the "old married couple").  For a good read, here is our wedding day thread (yes, it was celebrated here on the forums) as folks here on the forums at the time may remember this:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=2137.0

Rich, as of today, he's still coming to the brunch :)

Thanks for the wishes all.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:14:42 am »
Happy Anniversary, Phyl and Ian !  I remember well the trials and tribulations y'all went through and the beautiful pictures!!

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone else having MRI's (I am not a fan of those) and other proceedures.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

doctorb

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 09:03:28 am »
And I get a Gold Weight for my Left Eye on Wednesday, October 7th!

Doc

mk

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 06:31:54 pm »
Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts. I will post an update once I get the results (well you know me, I will take a peek at the MRI images before getting the report).

Happy anniversary Phyl and best wishes for successful procedures to Melissa and Doc.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

doctorb

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 07:28:08 pm »
Thank Marianna!  Same to you...I have my first MRI after surgery scheduled for November 2nd...still a ways out.

Doc

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 07:40:21 pm »
And I get a Gold Weight for my Left Eye on Wednesday, October 7th!

Doc

You're gonna do great! :)

Thanks Marianna. I have yet to know what we are doing to celebrate.  Me thinks Mickie D's for the happy meals since they come with "gifts" inside... you can choose male or female "gifts", so should work out just dandy :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Vivian B.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 08:04:41 pm »
Happy anniverssary Phyl, Marianna, good luck, keep us posted. Melissa, best wishes on your surgery.

Everyone else recovering, continued wellness on your progress.

Vivian 
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 05:39:17 am »
Best wishes to Doc, Marianna and Melissa!  And congratulations Phyl.  My wife and I just celebrated our anniversary yesterday, so you are in good company  ;D
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 06:46:42 am »
Marianna -  hope you have clean results!

Good luck, Melissa!  You'll be hearing better before you know it.

And Phyl, what can I say??  Marriage isn't an institution I'm particularly fond of - 22 years was enough for me  :D - but it does work quite well for others and it definitely works for you  ;D

Wishing you and the bloke all the (continued) happiness in the world.  May you celebrate many, many more years  :-*

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 05:52:11 am »
Six month anniversary . . .  Woo Hoo!
I'll try to post a photo later today . . . serious leaf peeping yesterday and today with family in from Texas where it sounds as though all plant life has ceased to exist.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:35 am »
Wow.  Nancy Mc, six months!  Time flies!  Congratulations!!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:46:27 am »
Thank you, Rich, for the updates!

Marianna and Melissa - hoping all is well and clear and good with your results and procedures.

Doc - I hope your eye weight procedure went well and that it really helps.

Phyl and "Bloke" -  Happy anniversary! Congrats and yay for you both.  May the Redsox win or something.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

mk

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:13 am »
Thank you everyone.

From my own reading of the scans, there has been no change in size (no shrinkage either, but I suppose this would be an added bonus), so I am pretty pleased with the results. I haven't got the formal opinions yet, and I am also waiting to complete my hearing test later this month. Once I have all this I will post an update in the post-treatment section.

Thank you again for all your good thoughts and vibes.
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.