Author Topic: Swelling, cold or bronchitis and neuroma  (Read 2322 times)

vicenza2010

Swelling, cold or bronchitis and neuroma
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:49:40 am »
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and I am glad I can find a place to share and discuss the AN issue.
I am a 60 yo Italian woman who lives in Milano so  I apologize for my English.
I was diagnosed with a right AN a year ago.
My AN was in August 2010 16x12x13 mm and was treated with CK 3 months ago at Vicenza. I
got radiation treatment from an expert team working at  a center with history of treating ANs.
Before the treatment I had  two sudden hearing losses cured by a course of steroids.
Could  the sudden hearing losses have been dependent from having had a cold and a light bronchitis just a few days before the attacks?
 Before CK I had lid twitching, fullness in ear, light numbness on half my face e pressure in my right temple. All gone.
So far I lost 20dB hearing in my midrange frequency (1kHz).
Just a costant tinnitus, a kind of buzzing keeps me company.
My aim in  future is to avoid the swelling of neuroma.
Any suggestions?

Thank you for your responses.

Rt AN 16x12x13 mm in the CP angle diagnosed in February 2010
CK in October 2010 in Vicenza

June  2010  neuroma 23x16x11mm
Oct.   2010 cyberknife
Sept. 2011 aresorptive hydrocephalus
Oct.   2011 shunt installed
Nov.  2012 neuroma is growing 21x18x21mm
Febr. 2013 rectosigmoid surgery,
post surgery SSD, HB 4, staphylococcus aureus infection

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Swelling, cold or bronchitis and neuroma
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
vicenza2010  ~

Ciao!  I'm not a medico but I think that your pre-radiation hearing loss could have been associated with a cold and bronchitis -but that is simply speculation.  It is also possible that the hearing loss may have been due to the AN.   At this point, you'll probably never know for sure.   I'm glad the steroids alleviated the hearing loss.  I don't have any suggestions on how to avoid swelling of the AN inside your skull but steroids usually reduce it quite effectively.   Thanks for joining our internet group.  I wish you a rapid and complete recovery.  Stai attento!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mickey

Re: Swelling, cold or bronchitis and neuroma
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:24:44 pm »
Hi Vicenza! I`m a 62 year old Italian American ancestory from Bari. Anyhow Iv`e had some similar symptoms over the years being diognosed going into 4th year and "stable". The only thing I have had that has always remained constant is tinnitus for close to 30 years. Whatever Iv`e had otherwise has always come and gone taking steroids one time which is unkown to me if they helped or not. My hearing is good with a little deficiency in AN side along with tinnitus. I would be happy to stay this way by keeping a very healthy lifestyle W+W. My AN is .12x.06 approx. so far so good. Thsi is a nice place to stay tuned in the AN world. I`m glad your CK is working well so keep a healthy lifestyle, I`m sure it will be benificial in maintaining your good health. Best wishes, Mickey