Author Topic: More news  (Read 9245 times)

Goldie

Re: More news
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 04:57:09 pm »
Hi, Cheryl!  Haven't been on-line too much lately and maybe I missed another thread, but how are things coming along with your husband? 

And Happy Easter!  Thinking of you,

Denise D.
GK 5/06 at Mayo for small AN after balance and slight hearing issues.  Progressive hearing loss following GK.
3/09 - facial spasms began.  MRI shows tumor growth.
9/09 - MRI shows further growth.  "GK failure."  Translab 10/1/09 success!  BAHA 10/8/10.

Cheryl R

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 01:34:05 pm »
I can now reply to the how is Mark doing as we went to his surgeon appt this am.     He can now be allowed to be weight bearing as tolerated and to work on going from 2 to one to no crutches over the next 2-3 weeks.      Keep on with some PT too but they will tell him how much he needs which I don't think will be alot.     Some pain at times but none other times.         Went back to work last week but is just in office of his grain elevator.            Some problems sleeping as his favorite way is to lay on that side with the surgery and bothers him after awhile.         We can relate to that real well!            So he has done well but will take awhile to be in real good shape.     So not as much outside activities and his extra help everyone with handyman jobs as he likes to do for awhile.                                       
         How are you doing too Goldie and hoping have adjusted well.        I see my surgeon next week so this coming week will be nervous wreck time for me now!                   Cheryl R                   
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »
Chertyl ~

I was delighted to read that your husband is coming right along in his recovery.  You'll be the recipient of many good thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your doctor visit next week.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 08:13:42 pm »
Cheryl .....

Glad Mark is doing well.  Now we look forward to saying that about you after you see your surgeon next week!!

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Cheryl R

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »
My yearly MRI and checkup.    I have days when not sure what to think about my hearing.    Already have the one side gone and was almost all gone with the other side but that surgery 2 yrs ago improved it which is rare around here!!!!!!         Just scared of losing it although possibly could be a cochlear implant done.     I do not do well in groups or in noisy places.         I had a sinus infection a while back and think that was not helping but is better now so that might have been some of the problem.     Time will tell!                                       Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

wendysig

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 11:52:43 am »
Cheryl,

I haven't been on much and missed the news about your husband until now.  I hope by now, he is well on the road to a full recovery.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!