Author Topic: Surgery MONDAY New Blog too!  (Read 7966 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Surgery MONDAY New Blog too!
« on: November 06, 2009, 04:57:58 pm »
Well, my surgery is Monday here in Michigan.  I have had TONS of anxiety, etc.     I decided to starte a blog due to the fact that I couldn't keep up with the e-mails, PM's, and questions from people all over.    Others have told me a blog is good to just vent or whatever you want.   WELL, that is kind of what I did.   I rambled on, but am hoping that if nothing else, it might be some information for people who want to know what is going on with me.  I've had my share of stuff over the past few years.   

Hopefully I got most of the facts I put on my blog about AN's correct.   

On top of the stress of upcoming surgery, my 9 yr. old son broke his hand yesterday.   The swelling is too much for casting now, so grandma will have to take him in on Monday while we are 4 hours away.   I'm also in the process of setting up webcams to hopefully keep in 'visual' contact while my husband and I are gone.   

Also, my pre chest x-ray had some 'impression'.   My family doctor said I should be fine for surgery, but I feel so run down and my chest feels tight.   I'm praying constantly that this will pass and we will be on schedule for Monday.....I AM ready!

My blog is actually a beginning for this adventure, but I thought later I could add stuff I enjoy doing, like my crafts, sewing, and scrapping.  Hopefully my husband will be able to update my blog.  I tease he is not computer savy.....he don't even like the remote control to the the TV.   He don't sit still long enough for any of that, he is always busy building or doing, or fixing something.        See my signature for blog

THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES
Denise Sanford
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Surgery MONDAY New Blog too!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:15:24 pm »
Hi, Denise ~

Just wanted to let you know that I checked out your blog, which is very impressive (beautiful family) and posted a short comment.  We're all rooting for you!   See you on 'the other side' ('postie').  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:31:06 pm »
Hi Denise,

Best of luck with your surgery.  I think it is very normal to be nervous, but I hope you are able to stay busy enough to take your mind off of it.  I'm headed off to check your blog right now, and I look forward to tracking your progress.  Best of luck and I will be sending prayers your way, and especially on Monday.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

epc1970

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:42 pm »
Good Luck on Monday Denise! Try to get some good rest before hand. You will be in my thoughts. Can't wait to hear how you are doing as a post
Erin

gingerbread6

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:32:08 pm »
Denise,

Best of luck with your surgery on Monday. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Gingerbread6

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 12:41:14 am »
Best wishes, Denise. Tell Neil to try and relax, and not to worry too much for the first three days. Another week, and you will be a postie recovering at home.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 12:44:32 am »
Deep breath Denise, keep a peaceful heart...  Let go & let God.....
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:51 am »
Thanks for all the comments about the blog.  It really is a great mental relief for me.........glad I did it, and hope to continue after surgery with more of my fun or crafty stuff :-)

I am hoarse sounding today, thinking it's allergies..   I've been drinking lotsl and doing some tea with honey & lemon.   Hopefully tomorrow I wake up feeling totally fine.   

Thanks again for everything!   This site is so nice, it's like others have said too:   you guys understand better than most! 

...............hopefully you won't see another post on her until I'm a POSTIE!!!!!!!!!! :)    For updates though, check out my blog, below in signature.

Denise
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 01:55:57 pm »
Good luck, Denise.  I'm confident things will go well for you.

Will you have a scribe (maybe your husband?) updating us?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:04:17 pm »
Jan, my husband will try to update my blog.  It's in my signature below.  Mind you, he's not real good with computers though.  :-)

thanks again,
Denise

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 09:49:04 pm »
Denise -

glad to hear your husband will be updating us.

We can be a very impatient crowd and are especially anxious when one of our forum family members is having surgery.  We tend to worry.

I'll check your blog for updates.

See you soon as a postie!

Jan  
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

another NY postie

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 04:12:03 pm »
Denise - I just checked your blog for the first time and it looks like you came through surgery great!  I will be checking to see how you are doing.  Be strong!
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 11:18:07 pm »
Denise - great to learn things are improving!  You are getting ever closer to the end of the first three days  ;D
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 08:10:17 am »
Denise .....

Sorry I missed the beginning of this thread ..... just read your blog and glad to read you are doing well.  Those first three days are the worst ever, but hopefully after today you will rapidly feel better!  Looking forward to seeing your first post as a "Postie!"

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Mickey

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:03 am »
Many prayers and positive thoughts are with you! Get well soon, Mickey