Author Topic: Membership Status on Forum  (Read 2762 times)

leeclinton

Membership Status on Forum
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »
I have only been on the forum for a couple of months, but I have noticed that people have tags under their picture and a membership status, like;
Etc.

Can someone direct me to where these titles are defined?  I am just curious the difference in classifications.

Thanks, Lee
3.3 cm AN removal Jan. 2012

BeckyMax

Re: Membership Status on Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:12:42 pm »
I'm not sure myself, still trying to figure it out but I think it has to do with how many times you have posted.  I see you have 1 yellow box under your name, other people have up to 5. It appears to coorelate with the number of times you post.  Also blue boxes indicate a moderator and red is an administrator, I think.  I'm sure someone will correct me.

Btw, good to see you on here.....while doing some due diligence I came across a letter you had written to the hospital following your surgery.  Small world sometimes. You sound very much like me, recognize those that helped you along.  I often send letters to my sons school or nominate his teachers for recognition. I believe that people are good for the most part and deserve to be recognized even if they are "just doing their job".

For now I am watch and wait.  How is your recovery?

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:28 am »
I run a weightloss site and it's very similar to this one.  It's goes by how many posts you make.  (I think  :P)

If I'm wrong then someone else will come along and correct me  ;D

Cheers,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:11:48 am »
Correct.... all based on the number of posts, except for the Administrators/Moderators.  Keep posting and sharing of your AN journey and just know this.... regardless of how you may be noted, you are all "hero" members :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Chances3

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:16:07 am »
Hi Lee,

I was out sick for a while, but I am back to posting - usually during my lunch break at work.  Let me also welcome you to this community of people who spend the time sharing and supporting.  An Acoustic Neuroma can be a very challenging experience, if you have had surgery, radiation or you belong to the Watch and Wait group.  I believe what makes it even more frustrating for those of us who suffer is that there is no template by which we can measure the effects of these  tumors.  The nerves that are affected are a very sensitive part of our bodies and so each of us can have very different experiences and recovery.  I think what's important is to stay positive and try to feel better everyday.  Learn as much as you can, it does help.  Finally let me say, that if you're down in the valley or you just need to let it all out, this is the place to do it.  The AN community knows what you are feeling and experiencing even when the people around you do not.  One of my biggest complaints is that people look at me and say how good I look.  I just want to say to them, " you have no idea what I am experiencing internally". 

Hope to hear from you soon.

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:10:09 pm »
Chances3
When people say, "how are you?" I want to reply, "Fine, for a person with a benign brain tumor!" but I don't.  I can practice some restraint.   :D

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back